UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vibravoid - A Sparkle In The Twilight

Some bands have a knack of producing consistently top notch sounds. Vibravoid have been doing it for yonks. I highly recommend you check out "A Sparkle In The Twilight" & "The Clocks That Time Forgot" Here are a couple of tracks from ASITT to get you started.

Enjoy
PPP

Re: Vibravoid - A Sparkle In The Twilight

Really like Vibravoid, I believe they are based in Germany. The 2 albums you mention have so far eluded the soulseek crowd and the YT 'topic' treatment - however I might save up for an actual purchase for these.

The original ltd edition (500 copies) vinyl with bonus CD from Stoned Karma have all sold out. The only copies available are on Discogs from European vendors but are pricey when you factor in postage VAT etc. Both albums have had a reissue and are available in the UK for about £32 LP or £16 CD (freepost on Ebay). Like you said, nowt on SS yet.

PPP

Vibravoid is great! Neo-psychedelic heroes from Germany. They are going to release third new album "The Presidents Of The Poison Air". The world premier of their album was on radio in Greece. Check here: https://www.mixcloud.com/michail-lagopatis/worldwide-radio-transmission-of-vibravoids-the-presidents-of-the-poison-air-album/
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqBNGkpPIGw

Hi Syd, thankx for the heads up. Another great song and video

Enjoy
PPP

Christ! that Greek DJ never shuts up.....C'est la vie. Guess I'll be looking for another source.

PPP

Mark it was first world presentation of non-released album. I think that's it. Specially for all of yours my psychedelic friends I did minimum voice version. Some words are only in long track Big City Small Town. But I managed to remove Michail (DJ's name) voice in another great song The Terrible Techniques Of Herr Doktor Krieg. Hope you'll like this version. Chris wrote me that he is planning to release The Presidents Of The Poison Air in december. Waiting for release from very talented German neo psych band.

Here's the link for my version of the radio broadcast from Greece
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_691LPjGNpINScIyYhlg_8rcWLDK-DiW/view?usp=sharing

Hi Syd, thanks for the edit. It's a pity that these albums are initially released in Germany. Thanks to Brexit it now makes importing stuff rather prohibitive, unless money is no object. A 30Euro album ends up costing over £50 once you factor in shipping, VAT and P.O. handling fee. Vibravoid seem to do a good job of ensuring you have to buy from the point of distribution. No sign of the last two albums on Spotify, Deezer, Music Bazaar or Apple Music.

PPP

Wonderful stuff Mark, never really listened to the guy, now I wish I had the lot! Being German it does make it expensive to get. Another great German band are / were The Magnificent Brotherhood who kind of breached a garage into psych style. I managed to get their LPs when they came out some years ago directly from their website. Not sure if they ae still going. Try their song 'Lifetime' for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0P_qnbxKU

PM:slightly_smiling_face:

Paul Vibravoid have a lot of absolutely fantastic albums! Love this band from the time when I listened at first their song "She's just thirteen and she acid queen". Great music. Chris is very talented boy. One of the best neo psych bands in the workd in my mind. The Magnificent Brotherhood oh yeah know them, it's fantastic band too!!! Especially I like their live recordings.

Another cool video. This one is from the album "Zeitgeist Generator"

Enjoy
PPP

Yeah Mark! I adore and get high on this song.

Vibravoid was the first band who recorded their cover of fantastic Tyrnaround Colour Your Mind. Love both versions.

This is the poster that was included with the first 200 copies of the album. Nice!

PPP

The new album "The Presidents Of The Poison Air" was released on 2nd Dec

Here are some cool promotional posters.

PPP

If anyone was after a copy of the original Colour Your Mind by Tyrnaround, I Have a spare for sale.

Re: Vibravoid - A Sparkle In The Twilight & More

In celebration of the arrival of my vinyl copy of "The Presidents Of The Poison Mind" I'm posting this video (side 1, track 4)

Enjoy
PPP

Re: Vibravoid - A Sparkle In The Twilight & More

The Presidents Of The Poison Air, full LP now available on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_moSli9J0CLs2umyOvz-ASP49dGAhxZboE
Enjoy
PPP