UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Twenty Five Views Of Worthing-Rare Recordings 1972-77.(seelie court cd)

....and for those making decisions between eating, heating and listening, it's available from the usual source.

Enjoy
PPP

I've been waiting some 2 years for someone to release this.

The majority of Seelie Court releases leave me bored rigid. But the early Canterbury-sound tracks here are the exception.

https://thegay.com/videos/683600/mark-kroner-max-holden-rod-barry-kevin-miles2/

Wallace,yes there are some of the Seelie Court cds,that unfortunately don't do much for me musically,but ya know i'm glad to have them none the less,as my collection does benefit from their presence,as many of the albums Seelie Court reissue or release are very rare,and hardly been heard by anyone,so i'm grateful that at least some company,Seelie Court in this case,are finding sources for those albums,give information about the band and album,and attempt to clean up the many private press albums Seelie Court appear to be attracted to,to give the best possible sound recreation from mucky tapes,old cassette copies,50,40,30,20 years old pieces of vinyl,being the only source....in a way this IS a kind of archiving,the preserving of UK musical history,of albums and unreleased recordings from local bands,acetate albums,Vanity projects,tiny releases on small local labels,private releases,demo tapes,home recordings and live recordings.

ALL rare as hens teeth,and it shows away from the glam and glitz of success,many throughout the UK in small towns,big cities and villages where writing,creating,rehearsing,recording as a band or singer,that only their family have ever heard,or their friends if lucky,some even got a small release on a small local label,and have 90 pressed at the most with DIY period art too,on some albums,so NO,not everyone is going to enjoy,every Seelie Court release,but im blooming glad they are still being made available to 60s and 70s psych,folk and prog enthusiasts,and i'm thoroughly enjoying the more folk,folk/rock type albums......but bravo to the people,teams,individuals,companies who seek this material out,and take the time and affort of all aspects,to see it being made available to an eager buying listener.......

Whats NOT to like??

I got the ltd vinyl edition as soon as it came out, it's very good. Austin Matthews maybe just "rediscovered" them, as the Ep was alread known in the circuit of punk/independent releases fans, and was actually listed in the amazing 45 Revolutions "bible" (2007)