UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DG TOP 100 '22 33-16

Part 4 and penultimate snap shot of 2022. Any guesses as to what No.1 might be? bit tricky considering the curve balls I have thrown already. lol.

https://we.tl/t-WKtocp1KTz

Re: DG TOP 100 '22 33-16

Many thanks!

I'm doing myself a best of disc of your best ofs. So far i've kept about one third of yours - which is very good since when it comes to neopoppsych, I'm very picky.

To get it straight - these are all strictly 2022 groups?
Most releasing their FIRST lp in 2022??
Most are singles????

Re: DG TOP 100 '22 33-16

You're very welcome Wallace, the answer is about 60/40 I listen to a full album when released and pick my favourite tracks but obviously some albums have a lead single released a few months before the album and as a result they could end up with 2 separate entries. I follow a lot of sites that predominantly deal with singles and in particular follow new releases on sites such as Piccadilly Records, Raven Sings The Blues, It's Psychedelic Baby as well as podcasts e.g. Ice Cream Man & Power Pop Overdose. What I find particularly useful is the cabinet of favourite/followed sites on blog lists a good example being the I Don't Hear A Single blog.
I'm looking forward to your take on the year as Prog is a little 'undermined' in these quarters, maybe the most prog track in my 100 is the Donovan's Brain in part 4 does that one tick any Wallace boxes?