UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DG TOP 100 '22 15-1

Of course you're right Mark there is plenty of crossover music out there and it is a matter of finding the time to research and resource, just like back in the day when we listened to radio shows such as those presented by Andy Kershaw & the late great Charlie Gillett. One of the most pleasing aspects of last years music, for me anyway, was the high standard of songwriting in the popsike arena - plenty of top wordsmiths out there. As for 2020/21 there will be a few curve balls included, after all it covers the peak period of the pandemic and maybe a few tracks hit in a more 'spiritual' way - having said that it will again mostly be dominated by those most influenced by Syd Barrett... lol.

By far the best fusion of electronic with psychedelic came between 1991 and 1993 with UK hardcore/techno in my opinion. Do a search for the Brain Eaters comps on Youtube for examples.

Easier said than done my friend.... a URL might help.
Thanks.

PPP

Before I forget, Mark pointed out an error for #12 in pt 5 - the name of the band is Surreal Prismatics and not Plasmatics, so apologies to the band for that.

Mark Kupsz
Easier said than done my friend.... a URL might help.
Thanks.

PPP
https://www.discogs.com/label/1223818-The-Brain-Eaters

Click on each one and videos of the tracks in order are down the right hand side, though maybe not for volume 1.

There are 16 volumes in total, only half have been uploaded to Discogs as yet.