UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Del Shannon's Home And Away LP

I was watching a video on YT by Yesterday's Papers where they did a documentary about the unreleased 1967 LP Home & Away by Del Shannon. Released on CD in 2006, i downloaded the tracks in FLAC from SoulSeek. You can get it from me on SoulSeek my user name is 1960s_Man. This LP is the greatest unreleased LP since The Action's Rold Gold. It's that great !!!
Let me know what you think ! Produced by: Andrew Loog Oldham
P.S. Three of the tracks on this LP were written by the boy wonder Billy Nicholls !!

Re: Del Shannon's Home And Away LP

Fabulous recordings,of course which Liberty Records balked at releasing in 67,i do have 2 cd reissues,one is a EMI cd with its cheap booklet where pages are in the wrong order and are a dogs dinner,as usual a major with lack of quality control,and shows a disrespect and disregard to the artist.

The other is from NOW Sounds,a total quality product,with glossy booklet,informative liners,with photos,a nice sleeve,and top notch sound,and does those beautiful recordings justice,and shows Del Shannon in fine form.....of course this was the precursor to his magnificent "Further Adventures Of Charles Westover"album,a logical progression in sound from the earlier Immediate Andrew Loog Oldham recordings.

Both those albums have had a showcase of sorts on the youtube channel Yesterdays Papers,of course in a summarised but clever form.

Re: Del Shannon's Home And Away LP

There's a full 12 x CD Del Shannon anthology coming out on Demon on 24th Feb

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BLDYSXYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This includes both 'Home and Away' and 'The Further Adventures Of..' I really like all his stuff right from the beginning; 'Stranger In Town' is great, 'Hats Off To Larry etc. love it all so I'm in. I wanted to get the LP sized Bear Family CD box set years ago but couldn't afford it then, this one takes up less shelf space! and a shade cheaper.

PM:slightly_smiling_face: