UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your recent discovery

GHOSTS OF JUPITER "KEEPERS OF THE NEW BORN GREEN".

Boston area band. Sounding very British.

Wiki calls them heavy and compares to Sabbath,Cream & Led Zep. I totally disagree. This is psychpop with clear prog moves on the WONDERFUL instrumental tracks.
I lurv the tone of electric guitar and synth and Hammond (although they don't feature the organ up front much.) These guys are making all the right moves.

Only one bitch - and it's a big one. Maybe because lots is going on here - 5 member band - the vocals/vocal harmonies are not clear. I can only make out maybe a third of the lyrics . This is upsetting to say the least, especially when we are talking such exquisite music.Hopefully next time round they will bring out the vocals in the mix

Re: Your recent discovery

Wiki was referring to their earlier works which were rockier .

Check them out on Bandcamp .

Hi Wallace

Thought you might be interested in a previous post concerning GOJ from April 2022.

PPP

**********************************************************************************************

Ghosts of Jupiter is a neo-psychedelic rock band based out of the Boston area, previously known as the Nate Wilson Group releasing the album "Unbound" in 2008.

Ghosts of Jupiter’s self-titled album was released in November, 2011. With its blues inspired heavy guitar riffs, and showing fledgling signs of heading toward the psych-era rock of the late 60’s and 70’s.

They followed this with a 5 track digital E.P. called "Green Is Gold Vol 1" in 2015 which is in a heavy rock style.

In the fall of 2016 they released their sophomore album, "Great Bright Horses". The ethereal vocals, the light aura filled and playful riffs ensured that GoJ was well on their way to a solid revival of classic tones and sounds that make you feel nostalgia for the age of classic rock.

In the fall of 2021, GoJ released their follow up album with the astonishing “Keepers of the Newborn Green” running the musical gamut between pastoral acid-tinged folk, mellotron and flute-laden prog explorations, ethereal vocal melodies steeped in lyrical mysticism, combined with a menacing dose of ‘A Saucerful of Secrets’ era Pink Floyd.

Listening to their albums I was really impressed with the quality of musicianship and their eclectic mix of styles.

PPP

If you like GOJ you'll dig this corker.

"Nazad" by Farfisa from the E.P. "Bontempi Beach House".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsHJ5EpZxk&list=OLAK5uy_k7ZRMajFctm845ur3-fhf7lBB6u1QMeOA&index=2

Enjoy
PPP