UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FADING YELLOW 20-Worth the wait?

After the long delay and wait for the release of the 20th volume of Fading Yellow,was it worth the long wait?
Any chance someone can give a wee review on the tracks if possible?I've not got it as yet as things are tight,i know there are reviews of sorts on other sites,which i've not saw,so it would be great if someone could do the same for this wee place??
Information with a booklet for instance??Sound quality?

Thank You.

Re: FADING YELLOW 20-Worth the wait?

Stuart Robertson
After the long delay and wait for the release of the 20th volume of Fading Yellow,was it worth the long wait?
Any chance someone can give a wee review on the tracks if possible?I've not got it as yet as things are tight,i know there are reviews of sorts on other sites,which i've not saw,so it would be great if someone could do the same for this wee place??
Information with a booklet for instance??Sound quality?

Thank You.
Hi Stuart,

I've given it only the one listen so far (had it a couple weeks now), but if it's still required by the time I get around to a second go through I'll take down some notes.

I can already let you know it will be nowhere as thorough as the reviews you put out - they're almost exhausting! But I really do enjoy them to be honest, and nine times out of ten they encourage me to dig the album out and listen again.
Keep them coming Stuart!!

Most of the songs on FY Vol 20 have already been comped on way older CD's. You can find most of the songs on FY 20 on SoulSeek from other comps. I feel it's not worth buying. I'm waiting for a soulseek user to put the scans on SS. Then we'll see.

Here's the "review" I wrote on my Comp Connoisseurs FB page:

Fading Yellow Vol. 20 (Busy Bee, 2023 CD)
It's finally here, 6 months after I ordered it.
The positives: It's another very solid selection of tracks, with many unheard gems and first 'official' apperances of songs only previously available on private comps.
The negatives: It has the usual brief liner notes, mostly uncredited copy & paste jobs from online resources, and the sound quality is very variable. Worst of all is the otherwise superb Humidity 105 by Disraeli, which sounds terrible here. Actually I'm pretty sure it's taken (consentual or non consentual, who knows?) from Colin's YT post. As he writes there, his copy was pretty thrashed, but somehow it sounds even worse on the CD.

In the hands of a label like Big Beat, this would have been a fantastic comp, now it's just OK.