UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Flawed Gems label

Avoid this label, really poor quality, my $3000 transport will only read Gash, Young Man's Gash intermittently (the CD hole is slightly off and it is really difficult to get loaded to read as it spins). The sound is poor to such a degree it really lowers the enjoyment and I will not play it because of these two things.

I wish there was a place that had reviews on each CD specific to the pressing and one could go there before you buy. There are some really great CD labels with tons of extra tracks and wonderful books of stories about the bands. Recommendation: buy I Drive or Thirsty Moon Blitz and you will be rewarded with great sound and fantastic extra tracks.

Re: The Flawed Gems label

Sorry I need to correct something in my last thread. I have Flawed Gems CDs and and am not happy with the quality of the disc, packaging, or sound of any of these CDs. The Gash CD referenced above is on Bamboo Sound Carrier and it has poor sound, and the center hold machining is off making it almost impossible to play. There are many other CD labels that are very good such as Long Hair etc.