Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Morning Service 6-24-18 with Dr Diana Brevan

Sunday Morning Service 6-24-18 with Dr Diana Brevan
JESUS IS LORD FELLOWSHIP WORLD WIDE INTERNATIONAL

Where we make a difference in People’s lives

Opening Prayer

Lord as we gather this day we ask that you bless those that are delivering your word especially our Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan. We also ask that all those receiving your word will do so with a open heart and that your message will be written in their spirit,

We also hold up the Leadership of Jesus is Lord Fellowship and pray that you will build a hedge of protection around their lives.

Praise and Worship:

We Are Messengers

I've been trying to make sense of the sorrow that I feel

Holding on for life to the only thing that's real

I've only scratched the surface, I've barely had a taste

But just a glimpse draws my heart to change

And one sight of you lays my sin to waste

I don't need to see everything just more of you

(chorus)

Take it all, take it all away

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you

My sight is incomplete and I've made you look small

I've been staring at my problems for way too long

Re-align where my hope is set, until you're all that's left

But just a glimpse draws my heart to change

And one sight of you lays my sin to waste

I don't need to see everything just more of you

(chorus)

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you

Oh God be greater, than the worries in my life

Be stronger, than the weakness in my mind

Be louder, let your Glory come alive

Be magnified

Oh God be greater, than the worries in my life

Be stronger, than the weakness in my mind

Be louder, let your Glory come alive

Be magnified

(chorus)

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you, to you

Magnify no other name

Open up, open up my eyes

To you, to you

Simple Gospel

I want to know you, Lord

Like I know a friend

I want to know you, Lord

I want to know you, Lord

Like I know a friend

I want to know you, Lord

So I’m laying down all my religion

I’m laying down

I want to know you, Lord

I’m laying down all my religion

I’m laying down

I want to know you, Lord

I use to think that I could box you in

But I’m laying down

I want to know you, Lord

I use to think that I could box you in

But I’m laying down

I want to know you, Lord

I’m laying down

I want to you know you, Lord

I’m laying down

I want to know you, Lord

I want to know you, Lord

Lord, I’ve been told to be ashamed

Lord, I’ve been told I don’t measure up

Lord, I’ve been told I’m not good enough

But you’re here with me

I reach out and you find me in the dust

You say no amount of untruths can separate us

I will rejoice in the simple gospel

I will rejoice in you, Lord

[Repeat 2x]

And I reach out and you find me in the dust

Since Your Love

You are the light

Song of my life

You always lead me

You are the voice inside

You are my love

No one before you

All that I am

Points to You

And I was made by you

I was made for you

I am unfulfilled without full communion

You are the light

Song of my life

You always lead me

You are the voice inside

You are my love

No one before you

All that I am

Longs For You

And I was made by you

I was made for you

I was made by you

And I was made for you

Since your love got a hold of me

Since your love got a hold of me

I’m a new creation

I’m forever changed

[Repeat 3x]

I was made by you

I was made for you

In you, is all I need

You’re my breath, you’re my life, you’re my everything

[Repeat 11x]

TITHES & OFFERINGS

In Matthew 10:42, Jesus promised:

(Matthew 10:42 NKJV And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.”

When you give to Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI, you give a virtual "cup of cold water" to tens of thousands daily. How you ask? By enabling Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI to daily satisfy their spiritual thirst in the virtual world of the Internet where we minister to homes through out the world. We also supply needs by post world wide. Please consider sending us regular tithes and offerings. May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you. We do pray that our Fellowship does minister to you on Sundays, and throughout the whole week on a daily basis. God Bless you and have a blessed Jesus filled day, we daily are available to assist each of you daily in all the areas of your lives through Christ Jesus in Jesus is Lord Fellowship World Wide International through Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan

This Sermon today is spoken by your very Own Dr.Diana Brevan

As Dr Diana comes to the podium let us take a moment to bow our heads in prayer.

Today let us remember to prayer today for ourselves. For our own needs in health, wealth and happiness and for our spiritual wellbeing and growth

As we pray also let us hold up all the prayer requests that we have received this past week. Let us also be in agreement with the unspoken prayers that lay in each of our hearts.

Let us lift up all those that have been called as Prayer Warriors, that they may have the Lords strength as they pray and that a hedge of protection may surround them and their families

Let us also prayer for the needs of our local Church including the needs of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI. Let us as God for provisions so that His church may be able to continue the work that He has set aside for it. Let us pray for those that have been called to leadership in His church that they may have strength and a Godly vision at all times. Let us place a hedge of protection around Leaders and their families so that they may be healed from all health problems.

Let us pray that as we listen today our heart and our inner soul will be open to the words so that we may feed freely on the message and drink from the Holy Spirit.

We welcome all National and International Fellowship members and visitors around the globe as you receive the spiritual nutrition of the Lords Word.

May the Lord richly bless you today around the globe. I am Senior Pastora of Jesus Is Lord Fellowship Dr. Diana Brevan. Let us prepare ourselves and open up your Bibles to Psalms 42:1-11

Hope For The Downcast Soul Part 1

Dr.Diana Brevan

Psalms 42:1-11 KJV To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar. Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? [10] As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? [11] Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

I. INTRODUCTION—THE BLESSING OF THIS BOOK

-There is a great blessing in being able to hold and read the Book that you have in your hand. I realize that times have changed and that Bibles are now available on all sorts of electronic devices but there is nothing like holding a hardcopy of the Bible.

I heard a preacher say something that was very disturbing once and yet after hearing him out; I believe what he had to say. He said that after almost 30 years of preaching, he had discovered that we only get to preach from passages in the Bible once.

-He meant that because of the time factor involved in preaching that most diligent preachers who want to preach their way through the entire Bible will only pass through a particular passage because of the shortness of this vapor of life. Therefore, he pointed out, that it was crucial that we do our dead-level best to preach every time with a pure heart, pure motive, and pure mind.

-I must confess that when I began to meditate on what he said, I again had to make the determination to treat every passage of this book with a sense of sacred honor.

-The blessing of the Book and of anointed preaching is that it helps us to move along the Christian walk for the Lord.

• It encourages us to move forward.

• It challenges us to prayer.

• It urges us to worship.

• It confronts our sin.

• It helps us to battle the whims of our flesh.

• It breathes hope into us when we are under attack.

• It opens our eyes to the greatness of God and the power of His salvation.

• It softens the blows of disappointment.

• It molds our minds into the greater plan of God.

-With this Psalm, it helps to breathe hope into a downcast soul.

II. PSALM 42

A. Five Books in the Psalms

-If you have one of the Search for Truth Bibles, you will notice something written above Psalm 42. You will note that it has the caption that gives BOOK II, Psalms 42-72. The Psalm we have just read comes at the very beginning of Book II of the Psalms. In fact there are five books of the psalms and the Jews commonly referred to them as the psalter. This was what they sang when they came to worship.

-The longer you live for the Lord, the more of these Psalms you will discover to be of great value to you. In fact, I believe that some of them you will come to treasure.

• Book I—1-41.

• Book II—42-72. Completed 300 years after the first book. Hezekiah comes along and is the force behind putting them together.

• Book III—73-89. You will note that they are not chronologically in order but rather by a theological theme.

Book IV—90-106. This section focuses on Israel’s relapse and recovery in the wilderness.

• Book V—107-150. Revivals began to take place in this segment as Israel returns from their exile and rebuild the walls and the temple in Jerusalem.

B. A Maschil

-The superscription above this psalm notes to us that it is a maschil. This means that this is a psalm of instruction. The instruction to be given is the understanding the God can be trusted during the tough times of life.

-The other maschil psalms are scattered throughout the psalter: 32; 42; 44; 45; 52; 53; 54; 55; 74; 78; 88; 89; 142. All of them have some kind of instruction attached to them. For instance, Psalm 32 is instruction given concerning forgiveness.

-The author of this psalm is unknown but we can know that it was written for the sons of Korah and was intended for the director of music. The sons of Korah were Levites who were the descendants of Kohath, the father of Korah (1 Chron. 6:22-48; 9:17-32; 2 Chron. 20:19).

-These were the men who produced the music while the Tabernacle was in the wilderness and after the construction of the Temple in Jerusalem (Num. 26:11).

C. Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul?

-I would like to jump ahead to Psalm 42:5 and then backtrack through the rest of the Psalm. He asks the question, “Why art thou cast down, O my soul?”

-The psalmist pours out his soul to God during a time of duress. He is discouraged, he is downcast, and he feels a sense of hopelessness trying to choke the life out of his soul.

-The Hebrew word in that text is shah-kak which means to crouch or to bow down. It is the same word that is used in Job 38:40 to describe a lion in a crouched position waiting along the trail for its prey. The psalmist describes his soul in such a way that it has been bent down by the challenges and difficulties of life. As if a heinous lion has attacked his soul.

-He has come into contact with some very difficult trials. These trials have seemed to bring even greater agony to him than any he has ever faced. It is sort of like have a wound that needs treatment and some healthcare worker coming along and working with the wound that inflames the wound even more.

-Burn victims often experience this through the process of their own rehabilitation. They can have a second or third degree burn but the subsequent trips to the whirlpool for something called debridement makes it seem like the pain has to be endured all over again.

-The psalmist is expressing that kind of pain here. However, he is not in the throes of physical pain but in the clutches of some soul pain. Soul pain hurts even worse than physical pain. It seems to linger and there is nothing that can seemingly bring relief to soul pain.

-Soul pain is drawn out over months and sometimes even years.

• A fractured family relationship that has seethed for years.

• Wayward children who seem to mock God and everything their parents stood for.

• A nasty divorce battle that has children caught up in the middle.

• Having to contend with difficult people who seem to have it out for you.

• The loss of a job that you really were fulfilled by.

• The nagging pain of a physical ailment that will not heal.

• A limiting health condition that has seemingly put you on the sideline.

• Financial pressures that never seem to go away.

• A wrong path that was chosen and now it is taking years to get back to the starting point.

• A pastor who is run out of a church at no fault of his own.

• A saint who made a mistake but no one will let them forget it.

• A feeling that you have been overlooked for a position you would have excelled at.

-All of those matters can shut down our faith, our hope, and even our determination so that we become prey to all matters of the devices of the devil.

III. THE DIAGNOSIS OF A DOWNCAST SOUL

-If you were to go to the hospital with some kind of ailment, you would have to give them what we call the chief complaint.

• Where are you hurting?

• What does the pain feel like? Sharp? Dull? Throbbing?

• How long has it been going on?

• Are there things that cause this pain?

-All of these questions are leading up to helping us to get a diagnosis for the condition. We will probably draw some blood, maybe take some X-rays, perhaps do a CT scan, an MRI, or an ultrasound, and perhaps even a biopsy.

-We do these particular things to get a diagnosis so we can treat you so you will get better. All the way through Psalm 42 and the first verse of Psalm 43, there are reasons that we see into the diagnosis or the cause of a downcast soul.

A. An Absence from the House of God—42:1-2

Psalms 42:1-2 KJV To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

-Many scholars feel like this was David describing his time of fleeing from Jerusalem as he ran from Absalom.

-Why the despair? Because . . . he has been separated from the house of the Lord. He had been forced to flee from Jerusalem where he regularly worshiped. He can no longer lead in the worship as he had in times past.

-He will have to remind himself to hope in God. There are times that you have to remind yourself to worship.

-Because David had been forced to leave; he literally felt himself to be cut off from the Lord. His greatest question is “when can I go and meet with God?”

-One of the causes of a downcast soul is an absence from the house of God. Whether many are willing to admit it or not, we find great bolstering in our soul when we come to the house of God routinely, regularly, and actively.

-In Luke 10, we find the parable of the Good Samaritan who brought the wounded man to the inn. The inn can be pictured as the house of God.

• The inn was a place of refreshment for weary travelers . . . The house of God brings relief to us in this valley of tears.

• The inn had an owner who attended the beaten man . . . The house of God has pastors, faithful ministers, godly saints who receive weary sinners to help them recover from the injuries of the world and the devil.

• The inn had a grand table of food in it . . . The house of God brings us the sincere milk of the Word and the strong meat of the Word.

• The inn was a desirable place for lodgers . . . The house of God is a place that saints long to go to and find rest for their souls.

-Our soul can very quickly become downcast when we do not regularly attend the house of worship. The psalmist is far from home and therefore he feels very far from God and anytime we feel that distance from God our soul can become downcast.

To be continued on Wednesday

For Full Contact Details See our Daily Posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjifwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew D Helmich matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemayv1197@gmail.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

We are here to help and encourage you

May God Bless you as you live daily in intimate relationship with Him. If you would like prayer for any need in your life, please send us your prayer requests to jilfwwiprayerroom-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan , Headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com or call the Main Headquarters of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI Headquarters at 352-637-3046 daily between early morn to 6 M,

Prayer requests may also be sent to Deacon Matthew in Missouri at matt76021@yahoo.com.

We; Our Staff and prayer Warriors; around the Globe will be available to pray for you each day, to pray with you and place it in continued prayer. Our Staff will place all prayers before our Lords Alter in our Main Fellowship Halls Front room chapel and also in our individual staff offices and or Prayer Warriors prayer closets around the globe; keeping them in continued prayer no matter if the Lord has healed you already.

As you learn about Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible reading and fellowship with other Christians, and our staff as you learn through our Bible Studies reward Program

May God richly bless you as you continue to follow Him,

My name is Senior Pastor Dr.Diana Brevan where Jesus is Lord!

Deacon Matthew Helmich

For full current Contact Details see our posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

You are invited to visit our various sites:-

Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI

USA Headquarters

PO Box2752

Inverness Florida 34451

352-637-3046

headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew Helmich.

205 Farror St. Apt.705

Moberly, Missouri 65270-2335

Matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemayv1197@gmail.com

WWW.Jesusislordfellowshipwwi.bravehost.com No Membership required. Everyone is welcome every moment of your day and night to visit us to click on the Icon Fellowship Hall and Receive Your Word of the day as you scroll for your day and your weekly message and Word of God. Please as you visit regular click on the guestbook and sign the guest book so we will know that you came to visit us and how you enjoyed your stay. God bless you and remember Jesus Is Lord!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jesusislordfellowship/ Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building to receive your daily and weekly Word.

JesusIsLordFellowshipBibleStudies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building.

Please contact Dr Diana Brevan about Bible Studies headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Now stand in agreement and Lets Praise Him Church Lets Praise Him! No Matter who you are what background you hold You are welcome to Worship with us and receive as well the Word in all of our Websites everyone that has breath is welcome to receive our weekly Bible Studies Everyone that has breath is welcome to Raise their hands and Touch The Hem of the Lords Garment In Prayer as we two or more gathered standing in agreement together!

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

Prayer Room World Wide Warriors on Facebook Site

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519140074816300/

Dr Diana Brevan Founder/President/Senior Pastora