Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midweek Service 6-27-18 with Dr Diana Brevan

Midweek Service 6-27-18 with Dr Diana Brevan
JESUS IS LORD FELLOWSHIP WORLD WIDE INTERNATIONAL
Where we make a difference in People’s lives

Opening Prayer
Lord as we gather this day we ask that you bless those that are delivering your word especially our Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan. We also ask that all those receiving your word will do so with a open heart and that your message will be written in their spirit,

We also hold up the Leadership of Jesus is Lord Fellowship and pray that you will build a hedge of protection around their lives.

Praise and Worship:
My Defender

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow
And I stand face to face with the enemy
I will know that I am not forsaken
You surround me
When the fire’s at my feet

You’re my defender
You fight for me
I will remember
You’re all I need
You are my healer
My remedy
Against the power of the unknown
And I will not stand alone
Cause You’re my defender

I can see You when the night is closing in
And I will trust You when it seems that there’s no hope
And I hold tight to the promise You have given
Cause this I know
And I am confident

I’m saved by the blood
I’m saved by the blood of Jesus

I know that You are for me
I know You will not fail
The weapons formed against me
Cannot prevail

Because I’m saved by the blood
I’m saved by the blood of Jesus

Holding Nothing Back"

I am chosen, I am free
I am Living for eternity
Free now forever

You picked me up, turned me around
You set my feet on solid ground
Yours now forever

And nothing’s gonna hold me back
Nothing’s gonna hold me back

My chains fell off
My heart was free
I’m alive to live for you
Amazing Love, how can it be?
You give everything for me
Everything

You washed my sin and shame away
The slate is clean; a brand new day
Free now forever
Now boldly I approach your throne
To claim this crown through Christ my own
Yours now forever

And nothing’s gonna hold me back

My chains fell off
My heart was free
Amazing Love, how can it be?

I’m free to live
Free to give
Free to be
I’m free to love you

Great Are You Lord

You give life, You are love
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken
Great are You, Lord
It's Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
So we pour out our praise to You only
you give life, You are love
You bring light to the darkness
You give hope, You restore
Every heart that is broken
Great are You, Lord
We pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
And all the earth will shout Your praise
Our hearts will cry, these bones will sing
Great are You, Lord
And dll the earth will shout Your praise
Great are You, Lord
And all the earth will shout Your praise
Great are You, Lord
We pour out our praise
To You only
We pour out our praise
To You only

TITHES & OFFERINGS

In Matthew 10:42, Jesus promised:
(Matthew 10:42 NKJV And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.”
When you give to Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI, you give a virtual "cup of cold water" to tens of thousands daily. How you ask? By enabling Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI to daily satisfy their spiritual thirst in the virtual world of the Internet where we minister to homes through out the world. We also supply needs by post world wide. Please consider sending us regular tithes and offerings. May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you. We do pray that our Fellowship does minister to you on Sundays, and throughout the whole week on a daily basis. God Bless you and have a blessed Jesus filled day, we daily are available to assist each of you daily in all the areas of your lives through Christ Jesus in Jesus is Lord Fellowship World Wide International through Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan

This Sermon today is spoken by your very Own Dr.Diana Brevan

As Dr Diana comes to the podium let us take a moment to bow our heads in prayer.
Today let us remember to prayer today for ourselves. For our own needs in health, wealth and happiness and for our spiritual wellbeing and growth
As we pray also let us hold up all the prayer requests that we have received this past week. Let us also be in agreement with the unspoken prayers that lay in each of our hearts.
Let us lift up all those that have been called as Prayer Warriors, that they may have the Lords strength as they pray and that a hedge of protection may surround them and their families
Let us also prayer for the needs of our local Church including the needs of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI. Let us as God for provisions so that His church may be able to continue the work that He has set aside for it. Let us pray for those that have been called to leadership in His church that they may have strength and a Godly vision at all times. Let us place a hedge of protection around Leaders and their families so that they may be healed from all health problems.

Let us pray that as we listen today our heart and our inner soul will be open to the words so that we may feed freely on the message and drink from the Holy Spirit.

We welcome all National and International Fellowship members and visitors around the globe as you receive the spiritual nutrition of the Lords Word.

May the Lord richly bless you today around the globe. I am Senior Pastora of Jesus Is Lord Fellowship Dr. Diana Brevan. Let us prepare ourselves and open up your Bibles to Psalms 42:1-11

Hope for the Downcast Soul Part 2
-We do these particular things to get a diagnosis so we can treat you so you will get better. All the way through Psalm 42 and the first verse of Psalm 43, there are reasons that we see into the diagnosis or the cause of a downcast soul.

A. An Absence from the House of God—42:1-2

Psalms 42:1-2 KJV To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

-Many scholars feel like this was David describing his time of fleeing from Jerusalem as he ran from Absalom.

-Why the despair? Because . . . he has been separated from the house of the Lord. He had been forced to flee from Jerusalem where he regularly worshiped. He can no longer lead in the worship as he had in times past.

-He will have to remind himself to hope in God. There are times that you have to remind yourself to worship.

-Because David had been forced to leave; he literally felt himself to be cut off from the Lord. His greatest question is “when can I go and meet with God?”

-One of the causes of a downcast soul is an absence from the house of God. Whether many are willing to admit it or not, we find great bolstering in our soul when we come to the house of God routinely, regularly, and actively.

-In Luke 10, we find the parable of the Good Samaritan who brought the wounded man to the inn. The inn can be pictured as the house of God.

• The inn was a place of refreshment for weary travelers . . . The house of God brings relief to us in this valley of tears.
• The inn had an owner who attended the beaten man . . . The house of God has pastors, faithful ministers, godly saints who receive weary sinners to help them recover from the injuries of the world and the devil.
• The inn had a grand table of food in it . . . The house of God brings us the sincere milk of the Word and the strong meat of the Word.
• The inn was a desirable place for lodgers . . . The house of God is a place that saints long to go to and find rest for their souls.

-Our soul can very quickly become downcast when we do not regularly attend the house of worship. The psalmist is far from home and therefore he feels very far from God and anytime we feel that distance from God our soul can become downcast.

B. The Mouth of the Ungodly—42:3, 10

Psalms 42:3 KJV My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

Psalms 42:10 KJV As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

-The catcalls of the ungodly, the backslidden, and those who hate everything righteousness stands for can get under your skin. Obviously it had some effect on the psalmist because it is mentioned twice . . . Where is thy God?

-You have probably heard it before . . .

• Where is your God when you need Him?
• Where is your God now?
• Why hasn’t your God given you a fair shake in life?

-It is only when we entertain the questions of the ungodly that we feel our soul slipping down into the gorge of the downcast . . .

• Where is God indeed?
• Where is God in this far country?
• Where is God when my enemies taunt me?
• Does God even hear my cries?
• When is God going to change my circumstances?

-It reached the point where the psalmist couldn’t even eat! He said, “My tears have been my meat day and night!” My appetite has been snatched from me so I don’t even desire to eat anymore.

-That is what the catcalls of the ungodly can do to you . . . It can begin to harbor doubts about everything that you have even held is true. But remember that David was at that point before we ever even came along in life. Never forget that there is a brotherhood before us in the gates of Heaven who have endured and made it to the end!

-We shall do the same thing!

-We can become downcast when we miss the house of God and when the mouth of the ungodly overwhelms our faith and trust in God.

C. Memories of the Past—42:4

Psalms 42:4 KJV When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

-He also became downcast when the memories of past revivals, past victories, and past accomplishments came to his mind. This is the trap of the aging . . .

-The psalmist tells of how he used to be with the great multitude that went to worship, the shouts of joy, the wealth of thanksgiving, and leading the worship. Pleasant memories of the past became a source of discouragement for the present.

-There is a memory of the past acts of God and how that it seemed better somewhere “back then.” The human tendency is to glamorize the past and make it seem better than it really was. But the reality is that every step of this life has its battles, which bring both victories and losses, our tendency is to remember the victories and forget the losses.

• There has always been a fight for holiness.
• There has always been a battle for doctrine.
• There have always been tares among the wheat.
• There have always been wolves among the sheep.
• There was a Judas alongside the John.

-I have a tendency to forget that there were battles in the past just like there are present struggles. Don’t waste the afflictions you are enduring now. Let the spiritual pressure you feel now be something that causes you to dig even deeper into the Kingdom of God.

D. The Trials of Life—42:7

Psalms 42:7 KJV Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

-The psalmist goes on to further note the fact that there are times that trials sweep us away like the great waves and breakers of the deep.

-David is saying that the conflict with Absalom has been the greatest trial of his life. It has swept him away from Jerusalem like the waves being smitten by a hurricane. At another time, the ocean might have been a calm and relaxing scene for him but instead he can see no beauty in it.
-But there is an acknowledgement of something here that you will miss at just a glance. The psalmist describes the forces of the sea at work here. It was not something they would be unfamiliar with because they were on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and there were also storms that came to the Sea of Galilee.

-Here is what we miss sometimes with this Scripture . . . God is in charge of the waves of the sea and even if there is a grudgingly acknowledgment, there are some trials in our lives that God ordains them to come our way.

-He can see there are things He wants to work out, draw out, and allow us to walk through so that we can really know what it is like to be molded into an ardent disciple.

• Matthew 20:23—If you drink of his cup you are going to be baptized with the baptism the Lord is baptized with.
• 2 Corinthians 1:5—Sufferings of Christ abound in us, so does the consolation of Christ abound in us.
• Galatians 2:20—I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ who lives within me.
• Philippians 3:10—Fellowship of suffering.
• Romans 8:17—If we suffer with him, we will be glorified with him.
• Romans 8:29—Being conformed into the image of the Son.
• 2 Timothy 2:11-12—If we are dead with him we shall live with him . . . If we suffer, we will reign with him.
• 1 Peter 4:13—Partakers of Christ’s sufferings . . . we will be glad with exceeding joy.

-Our trials are often the very tipping points that are present in our lives. In the years to come, once we look back with the wisdom of maturity, we can say, “that thing was good for me.”

-But when you are in the midst of the trial, even though it may be God-ordained, your soul can become downcast.

E. To Feel Forgotten by God—42:9

Psalms 42:9 KJV I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

-Closely related to the fact that God will let us walk through the challenges of a trial, there is another connection that we have to make to God that comes from Psalm 42:9.

-It is the painful cry to God that He has forgotten us. Look no further than the Cross and you find Jesus crying out, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matt. 27:46).

-A downcast soul can really find himself downcast when he thinks that God has forgotten him. There is nothing like being lost at the end of this dead-end!

-There are times that those who feel a great devotion to God will find great condemnation when they even question God. But the Word of the Lord is the greatest place to go when you get in this state of mind because recorded on the pages of the Word, there were others who felt the same way and God decided to put it in His book . . .

• Psalm 13:1—How long will you forget me Lord? Forever?
• Psalm 22:2—My God I cry in the daytime but you are not there! I cry at night but I can’t find you!
• Psalm 44:23—Awake from your sleep, God, and please hear me out!
• Psalm 44:24—Why are you hiding your face, O God? Why are you forgetting my affliction and oppression God?
• Psalm 77:9—Have you forgotten to be gracious to me, God? Have you closed off your mercies from me?
• Isaiah 40:27—My way is hid from the Lord . . . My knowledge of Him has passed from my mind.

-All of these things pour out of a downcast soul . . . But I can say to you without a doubt that God knows exactly where we walk and the direction that we take!

IV. THE CURE OF THE DOWNCAST SOUL

-Those are the reasons for a soul that has become downcast. But just as there are reasons that we get downcast, the Word can point out some things that will help cure us of this.

A. Put Your Hope Back In God—42:5, 11

-Twice in this Psalm, we see the phrase, “hope thou in God” (vv. 5, 11).

-The man who learns that he must not give in to the depression of soul is a man who has learned one of the greatest lessons of life. He will not let himself give in to being downcast or filled with self-pity.

-Instead he gets a grip on himself and wrestles through it. He reminds himself that there are some things he can put hope in.

-We are constantly talking to ourselves . . . In fact no one talks to you more than you! More times than not, you have to talk to yourself, preach to yourself, question yourself.
-Why art thou cast down, my soul? What business do you have being in this condition?

-This is what Paul was getting at when he noted in Romans 6 that you have to kill your flesh. You have to turn on yourself, upbraid yourself, condemn yourself, exhort yourself, and say to yourself . . . ‘Hope thou in God!’ . . . Instead of muttering around in this unhappy, depressed way of life.

-There is a spirit of faith and a spirit of dejection and our faith has to get the upper hand.

B. He Reminds Himself of His Responsibility—42:5, 11

-In that same connection with the hope verses in 5 and 11, the psalmist knows his responsibility is to put his hope in God. Nothing more, nothing less.

-This world is passing, it is fleeting, and it goes by so quickly it is astounding. If you are putting your hope in the passing fancies of this world, you are already in trouble.

-The psalmist has the sense of responsibility to know that he must do what has to be done and that is put his hope in God.

C. Praise Is What Gets Your Through—42:5, 11

-Look once more at those two verses, 5 and 11 . . . he notes that I will praise him.

-Certainty came to his life when he began to understand that God had not changed one iota.

• God has not changed!
• His purpose for me has not changed!
• He has led me to uplifting victories in the past!
• He will do it again!
• Let your faith arise to the better things that are in the future!

-A host of men in the Bible have proven this to be true.

• Joseph
• Moses
• Joshua
• David
• Jonah
• Peter

-Because to a great degree all of the men that I have mentioned were men who is some form or fashion got a second chance!

For Full Contact Details See our Daily Posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjifwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew D Helmich matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemayv1197@gmail.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

We are here to help and encourage you

May God Bless you as you live daily in intimate relationship with Him. If you would like prayer for any need in your life, please send us your prayer requests to jilfwwiprayerroom-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan , Headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com or call the Main Headquarters of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI Headquarters at 352-637-3046 daily between early morn to 6:PM,

Prayer requests may also be sent to Deacon Matthew in Missouri at matt76021@yahoo.com.

We; Our Staff and prayer Warriors; around the Globe will be available to pray for you each day, to pray with you and place it in continued prayer. Our Staff will place all prayers before our Lords Alter in our Main Fellowship Halls Front room chapel and also in our individual staff offices and or Prayer Warriors prayer closets around the globe; keeping them in continued prayer no matter if the Lord has healed you already.

As you learn about Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible reading and fellowship with other Christians, and our staff as you learn through our Bible Studies reward Program

May God richly bless you as you continue to follow Him,
My name is Senior Pastor Dr.Diana Brevan where Jesus is Lord!
Deacon Matthew Helmich

For full current Contact Details see our posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

You are invited to visit our various sites:-

Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI
USA Headquarters
PO Box2752
Inverness Florida 34451
352-637-3046
headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew Helmich.
205 Farror St. Apt.705
Moberly, Missouri 65270-2335

Matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemayv1197@gmail.com

WWW.Jesusislordfellowshipwwi.bravehost.com No Membership required. Everyone is welcome every moment of your day and night to visit us to click on the Icon Fellowship Hall and Receive Your Word of the day as you scroll for your day and your weekly message and Word of God. Please as you visit regular click on the guestbook and sign the guest book so we will know that you came to visit us and how you enjoyed your stay. God bless you and remember Jesus Is Lord!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jesusislordfellowship/ Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building to receive your daily and weekly Word.

JesusIsLordFellowshipBibleStudies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building.

Please contact Dr Diana Brevan about Bible Studies headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Now stand in agreement and Lets Praise Him Church Lets Praise Him! No Matter who you are what background you hold You are welcome to Worship with us and receive as well the Word in all of our Websites everyone that has breath is welcome to receive our weekly Bible Studies Everyone that has breath is welcome to Raise their hands and Touch The Hem of the Lords Garment In Prayer as we two or more gathered standing in agreement together!

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

Prayer Room World Wide Warriors on Facebook Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/519140074816300/

Dr Diana Brevan Founder/President/Senior Pastora