Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI

Welcome to our Fellowship Hall.

Feel free to post a message.

Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funeral service for Johnny Valdez 8-13-18

God’s Timepiece (Funeral Service For Johnny Valdez Family of Rosemary Q Gutierrez)
Funeral By Dr. Diana Brevan Senior Pastora Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, 11, 14 (NLT) There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. [11] God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. [14] And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God's purpose in this is that people should fear him.

• Have you ever been confused by time zones? Have you ever made a call (or received one) that got somebody on the other end of the continent out of bed? Have you ever suffered from jet lag?

• Human beings can only function in one time frame; we don’t have the power to go ahead or back, we can only live in the NOW. But that doesn’t stop us from worrying about the past or wondering about the future, because God has put a little bit of eternity in our hearts. The reason we’re curious is because we were created to live forever.

• That’s also why we look at a life like Johnny Valdez’s and say that, in our human thinking, it just ended way too soon. We naturally reach for “what might have been” either in the past or in the future. That’s a normal, human reaction.

• What we don’t realize is that God operates on a different clock than we do; while we are limited to TIME, He operates in ETERNITY.

• In fact, God even has two different words for TIME in the Bible. The first is CHRONOS, which means “time governed by the clock.” This is QUANTITY time, and it’s the kind of time we live in every day.

• But as the family and friends of Johnny Valdez have discovered over the last three days, CHRONOS time is not the kind of time we remember about the life of a loved one. What is important is not the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years that ticked by, or even the age of a person at the time of their passing. That’s why no one brings a stopwatch to the bedside of a person in the hospital – it’s not just the QUANTITY of time we’re after.
leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of their passing. That’s why no one brings a stopwatch to the bedside of a person in the hospital – it’s not just the QUANTITY of time we’re after.

• Have you ever heard someone say, “He packed a lot of living into his life”? What they mean is that someone’s life was not just full of MINUTES, but full of MOMENTS. That is God’s other word for time – KAIROS. It is not “time governed by the clock,” but “time measured by special moments.” We would call it QUALITY time.
• This is the time frame that God operates in, and because we have a little piece of eternity planted in our hearts, it’s the kind of time that is most important to us as well. KAIROS time is why the family brings a picture board to the funeral home or family gathering in remembrance of their loved one. It is remembering a lifetime of moments, the good and the bad, shared laughter and tears, shared dreams and troubles, shared hopes and fears, shared stories, shared meals, shared pets, shared space, shared LIFE!

• At a time like this, when we dwell on CHRONOS time it makes us feel worse at times (“he only lived to the age of 75 wonderful years” . But when we dwell on KAIROS time, it helps us feel better about things (“remember when Johnny and all of us gathered do you remember this moments spent” . Families instinctively do this, because it’s what really matters!

• Let me give some Biblical advice to those of us who are left: you have to take advantage of KAIROS time at the moment it happens, or you lose it forever. Life is not a DESTINATION, it is a JOURNEY, and you can’t afford to waste one special “MOMENT” given by God.

• There are many moments that Johnny’s ’s family and friends could point to that were very special to him and to them. But did you know that God also has His own special “MOMENTS” in your life? Ignore them, postpone them, refuse them and they could be gone forever.

• Luke 19:41-44 (NKJV) 41Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, 42saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. 43For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, 44and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”

• Acts 24:25 (NKJV) Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.”

• Galatians 6:9 (NKJV) And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

• Ephesians 5:15-16 (NKJV) 15See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

• I don’t know what you would pick as some of the most important moments inJohnny’s life, but I know what God would pick!
• _______________________ – baptized in Jesus’ name
• _______________________ – received the Holy Ghost

• Thank God that, in spite of his sickness, Johnny didn’t just pass the time on those days, but he had a special moment with God – one that will be remembered and rejoiced over throughout eternity.

• In his book “It’s About Time” Leslie Flynn has a piece entitled, “IF YOU ARE 35, YOU HAVE 500 DAYS TO LIVE.” His premise is that, when you subtract the time spent on sleeping, working, tending to personal matters, hygiene, odd chores, medical matters, eating, traveling, and other time-stealers, in the next 35 years you will have the equivalent of only 500 days to spend as you wish.

Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

• God doesn’t tell us what time it is on His clock, or when it will be our time to die. But he does offer us special moments of His visitation in our lives. Hopefully, this memorial service will be one of those times that makes you think about life … and eternal life.

• 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 (LB) As God's partners, we beg you not to toss aside this marvelous message of God's great kindness. For God says, "Your cry came to me at a favorable time, when the doors of welcome were wide open. I helped you on a day when salvation was being offered." Right now God is ready to welcome you. Today he is ready to save you.

My Name Is Senior Pastora, Dr. Diana Brevan of Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI Dr. Diana Brevan & Staff and Prayer Warriors and all Members World Wide We Humbly Send Rosemary Gutierrez Her children and all family our Deepest Sympathy at this time.

John 16:22 “So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.”

This verse reminds us that yes, we will experience tough times now, but we can cling to the joy that God gives because one day we will be reunited with Him and our loved ones!