Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midweek Service 9-26-18 with Dr Diana Brevan

Midweek Service 9-26-18 with Dr Diana Brevan
JESUS IS LORD FELLOWSHIP WORLD WIDE INTERNATIONAL
Where we make a difference in People’s lives

Opening Prayer
Lord as we gather this day we ask that you bless those that are delivering your word especially our Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan. We also ask that all those receiving your word will do so with a open heart and that your message will be written in their spirit,

We also hold up the Leadership of Jesus is Lord Fellowship and pray that you will build a hedge of protection around their lives.

Praise and Worship:
Count Your Blessings

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Refrain

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

Refrain

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Refrain

How Great Thou Art

Verse #1
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Verse #2
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Chorus:

Verse #3
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on a Cross, my burdens gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

Chorus:

Verse #4
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Chorus:

Blessed Redeemer
Up Calvary’s mountain, one dreadful morn,
Walked Christ my Savior, weary and worn;
Facing for sinners death on the cross,
That He might save them from endless loss.

Refrain

Blessèd Redeemer! Precious Redeemer!
Seems now I see Him on Calvary’s tree;
Wounded and bleeding, for sinners pleading,
Blind and unheeding—dying for me!

“Father forgive them!” thus did He pray,
E’en while His lifeblood flowed fast away;
Praying for sinners while in such woe
No one but Jesus ever loved so.

Refrain

O how I love Him, Savior and Friend,
How can my praises ever find end!
Through years unnumbered on Heaven’s shore,
My tongue shall praise Him forevermore.

Refrain

Announcements: Bible Studies will begin in Luke Chapter 22 next Monday.

TITHES & OFFERINGS

In Matthew 10:42, Jesus promised:
(Matthew 10:42 NKJV And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.”
When you give to Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI, you give a virtual "cup of cold water" to tens of thousands daily. How you ask? By enabling Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI to daily satisfy their spiritual thirst in the virtual world of the Internet where we minister to homes through out the world. We also supply needs by post world wide. Please consider sending us regular tithes and offerings. May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you. We do pray that our Fellowship does minister to you on Sundays, and throughout the whole week on a daily basis. God Bless you and have a blessed Jesus filled day, we daily are available to assist each of you daily in all the areas of your lives through Christ Jesus in Jesus is Lord Fellowship World Wide International through Senior Pastor Dr Diana Brevan

This Sermon today is spoken by your very Own Dr.Diana Brevan

As Dr Diana comes to the podium let us take a moment to bow our heads in prayer.
Today let us remember to prayer today for ourselves. For our own needs in health, wealth and happiness and for our spiritual wellbeing and growth
As we pray also let us hold up all the prayer requests that we have received this past week. Let us also be in agreement with the unspoken prayers that lay in each of our hearts.
Let us lift up all those that have been called as Prayer Warriors, that they may have the Lords strength as they pray and that a hedge of protection may surround them and their families
Let us also prayer for the needs of our local Church including the needs of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI. Let us as God for provisions so that His church may be able to continue the work that He has set aside for it. Let us pray for those that have been called to leadership in His church that they may have strength and a Godly vision at all times. Let us place a hedge of protection around Leaders and their families so that they may be healed from all health problems.

Let us pray that as we listen today our heart and our inner soul will be open to the words so that we may feed freely on the message and drink from the Holy Spirit.

We welcome all National and International Fellowship members and visitors around the globe as you receive the spiritual nutrition of the Lords Word.

May the Lord richly bless you today around the globe. I am Senior Pastora of Jesus Is Lord Fellowship Dr. Diana Brevan. Let us prepare ourselves and open up your Bibles to Matthew 17:14-21.

Deliverance That Comes Through Prayer & Fastin
Dr.Diana Brevan

Text:Matthew 17 :14-21

And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16And I brought him to thy disciples and they could not cure him.
17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Introduction:

• We want to look at tonight what Jesus said is a necessary commodity in order to have REAL DELIVERANCE in our lives.
• Let me say at the outset:
That if we think that because we are free from the vices of sin and demonic spirits – that we have no fear of bondage - that we are not correct.
• It is very possible to be free from the sins of alcohol, cigarettes, gambling and as on and so forth ….
• And still be bound by DOUBT, FEAR, PRIDE, MATERIALISM, COMPLACENY and so on and so forth.
• For you and I, it may not be the bondage from WITHOUT that we need to be delivered from.
• It is more likely that it is the bondage from WITHIN!
• I have known good Christian people who live good clean lives, yet they were bound by anger and resentment, because of wrong done against them.
• I have know people who wouldn’t think of drinking a drop of alcohol or putting a cigarette to their mouth, but are very quick to light the match of gossip and contention.
• It is the will of God that we be delivered from BOTH within and without!
• To be totally delivered from the sins of the flesh and spirit!

I - In our text we find a man who had a son who was possessed with a demonic spirit!

• The father first took his son to the disciples who (he thought) they would be able to help his son!
• Of course, when you read this passage you find that the disciples were not able to cast out the demonic spirit!
• The man then brings his son to Jesus and He very quickly and easily delivers the man.
• Later in the privacy of the house the disciples asked Jesus,
“ Why is it that we could not cast out the demonic spirit “
• It is very possible and perhaps probable that the disciples thought that just because they were walking with Jesus that the power of deliverance was automatic.
• If I were to assume, I would guess that they just took it for granted that they to could do the works of God, just because they were with Him and walking with Him.
(We cannot just assume or take it for granted that we have
have power with God just because we are walking with God)
• When it comes to the power of deliverance you cannot suppose –or- just think you have it!
You have to really have it and possess it!

• The disciples thought they had the power of deliverance, and when they tried to exercise what they thought they had, They could not do what they thought they could do!
• Which lead to Discouragement and Frustration!
• Because they thought they had failed!
• We tried so hard and we were not able to do what we thought we could do.
( let me put it another way)
• How many times have we been discouraged and frustrated, because we thought we had the power of deliverance in us?
• But then we were not able to resist temptation when it came!
• We thought we had the power to resist, but instead we found our self-submitting to the temptation!
• Jesus could resist temptation, because He knew He had the power of deliverance (He was fasting and praying for 40 days)
• When it comes to the power of deliverance you cannot assume you have it. We better know we have it!

II – The second thing I see here with the disciples is that
( because they were only assuming that they had the power of deliverance )

• They were operating in their own ability!
They were trying to bring about deliverance by their our ability, strength and power!
• Real deliverance will never come by the Flesh!
• It is always by the Spirit!

Zachariah 4:6 says “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”
Do you know what that means:

o It means that in your flesh you cannot make it happen–or- force it to happen!
IT IS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD!
o We are wise to know that if we want real deliverance and to be used in the power of deliverance –THEN we need to get in the FLOW of THE SPIRIT!!
o The Apostle Paul told the Galatians that they were foolish to think they could begin in the Spirit and finish in their flesh!
o Paul was telling them their foolishness was in the fact that they depended on the Spirit in the beginning, but now they have come to a place where they no longer depend on the Spirit!
o They have come to a place where they become dependent and reliant on their flesh!
o They were not the first to feel that way, nor are they the last!

SAMSON – relied on the Spirit of God, but grew to a place where he took it for granted and when that happens you always depend on your flesh! He got in big trouble!!
o I had an Assembly of God pastor tell me 3 weeks ago that if the Spirit lifted from most of their churches.
o MOST of their churches would never know it!
o In his own words “ We have become to self dependent”
o The revival we need in America will never come from the Flesh!
o It is silly to think the flesh can deliver the flesh!
o It STILL takes the Spirit to bring REAL REVIVAL and REAL DELIVERANCE!

III – Jesus answer the question that he was asked of His disciples by saying

“…this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting”

• He was saying to them and ( now to us) that it takes Prayer and fasting to bring true deliverance!
• Many people struggle with deliverance, because they fail to pray and fast!
1. We know according to scripture that prayer wasn’t #1 on the disciples list ( Probably because Jesus was with them and they saw no real need to pray)
2. We know that when Jesus prayed and desired for them to pray with Him – They found it hard to pray
They found it hard to stay awake!
Jesus said, “ Could not you pray one hour?”
3. We also know, that according to the scripture that the disciples of Jesus at this time DID NOT FAST!
Matthew 9:14

” Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?”

Jesus reply to them was:

• “Can the children of the bride chamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.”
• In other words –
They felt no need to pray and fast!
• This the Key – We must have a constant awareness
That we need the deliverance of God,
that comes only through the ability of God,
and the ability of God comes through Prayer
• Bro Daniel spoke on the Dangers of Pride last Sunday morning!
Let me tell you that Proud people will not pray because they will not humble themselves to pray!
• Or … else If they do pray it is often to boast of their righteousness, as was evident with the Pharisee in the temple praying:
“I thank God I am not as this publican
I pray
I fast twice a week”
• He was boasting as if his prayers and fasting qualified him to receive anything from God’

Luke 18 : 11-12
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
• We need to understand that prayer and fasting does not QUALIFY us to receive from God!
Prayer and Fasting PREPARES us to receive from God.
• Jesus is telling us that the gateway to prayer is a HUMBLE SPIRIT!
In other words ‘ We do not DESERVE anything from God’
• It is a myth to think that we have we EARNED –or- DESERVE anything from God !
• We do not pray and fast to earn a right to receive from God!
• We Pray and fast to PREPARE our hearts to receive from God!
• In order to pray to be humble, you have to humble yourself to pray!
Notice 2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• The Lord said Humility would proceed Prayer
• Humble themselves and pray! (and turn from their wicked ways)
• Fasting and Prayer prepares our hearts and lives to receive from God!
• Let me say it this way – God works through humble people!
God works through praying people!
God works through righteous people!

III - If we pray only to receive what God can provide we are doing nothing more than Seeking His HAND!

The Hand of God that GIVES to us!
The Hand of God that WORKS for us!
• Question that I would ask you tonight:
If God told you that he would NEVER again give you anything that you prayed for – WOULD YOU STILL PRAY TO HIM ?
• Interesting question, because if I only pray for my needs and NOT because I want to just talk with God!
• Why would I pray!
• Truth is (many people) – outside of praying for their petitions, have very little to say to God!
• Ever wonder how God feels about our prayer time!
• “ Here they come again with their long list of wants and needs”
then they are son gone
• “ Here comes Sis so & so…. She wants to spend time with me !”

IV - The Prayer ( that we should desire) is to seek the FACE of God!

God’s Face reflects his glory!

Have you ever seen someone come out of prayer and you could tell they have been with the Lord?

Their countenance has a glow and you know that they have conversed with God!

Exodus 34 : 28 -29 says of Moses:
And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses’ hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

I wonder if Our hands are full, but our face is empty!

• We should not be long faced, looking like we lost our best friend!
• We should reflect the glory of God and that in is presence is fullness of joy!
• Even Jesus said when you FAST - wash your face and put on a happy countenance.
• There are too many long faced, sad Christians!
• I feel it is because they never have found the glory of God face and the joy of His presence.

IV- Fasting is not the newest diet program for Christians!

• It’s purpose and motive is always - Self Denial!
• To deny our flesh – making us more sensitive to the God spirit!
• Fasting in scripture was away of expressing a persons need and dependence on God!
• It was a way of expressing a dependence on God!
• When you fast you saying through your actions that I do not depend or need what the flesh can offer me!
• I am depending on God – I need God!
• Interesting that when Israel was in TROUBLE that they would call a fast!
Why?
Because in their PRIDE – they got in trouble!
So they would call for a fast and humble themselves!
As to say “ God we need your help” !!!!
• The king of Nineveh when he heard “ 40 days and Nineveh will be overthrown” said:
“ Ok – time to call a fast – everybody put on sackcloth and ashes”
• We should not fast just when we are in trouble, we should fast to keep us out of getting in trouble!
• We should never only pray and fast because we are in trouble!
Prayer & fasting are what produce our Relationship and Dependence on God!

Closing

• You have heard me say it in recent weeks
• Two things we MUST do:
Pray – Seek Gods FACE
Fast – Deny Our FLESH!
• If we can consistently do those two things with a proper motive - We Will Have The POWER of DELIVERANCE!
My Name is Sn Pastora Dr.Diana Brevan @ Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI

For Full Contact Details See our Daily Posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjifwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew D Helmich matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemary1197@gmail.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

We are here to help and encourage you

May God Bless you as you live daily in intimate relationship with Him. If you would like prayer for any need in your life, please send us your prayer requests to jilfwwiprayerroom-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan , Headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com or call the Main Headquarters of Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI Headquarters at 352-637-3046 daily between early morn to 6:PM,

Prayer requests may also be sent to Deacon Matthew in Missouri at matt76021@yahoo.com.

We; Our Staff and prayer Warriors; around the Globe will be available to pray for you each day, to pray with you and place it in continued prayer. Our Staff will place all prayers before our Lords Alter in our Main Fellowship Halls Front room chapel and also in our individual staff offices and or Prayer Warriors prayer closets around the globe; keeping them in continued prayer no matter if the Lord has healed you already.

As you learn about Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible reading and fellowship with other Christians, and our staff as you learn through our Bible Studies reward Program

May God richly bless you as you continue to follow Him,
My name is Senior Pastor Dr.Diana Brevan where Jesus is Lord!
Deacon Matthew Helmich

For full current Contact Details see our posting in the Fellowship Halls

Senior Pastor, Dr. Diana Brevan, headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Thank you and may the Lord richly bless you

You are invited to visit our various sites:-

Jesus Is Lord Fellowship WWI
USA Headquarters
PO Box2752
Inverness Florida 34451
352-637-3046
headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Deacon Matthew Helmich.
205 Farror St. Apt.705
Moberly, Missouri 65270-2335

Matt76021@yahoo.com

Rosemary Gutierrez rosemaryv1197@gmail.com

WWW.Jesusislordfellowshipwwi.bravehost.com No Membership required. Everyone is welcome every moment of your day and night to visit us to click on the Icon Fellowship Hall and Receive Your Word of the day as you scroll for your day and your weekly message and Word of God. Please as you visit regular click on the guestbook and sign the guest book so we will know that you came to visit us and how you enjoyed your stay. God bless you and remember Jesus Is Lord!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jesusislordfellowship/ Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building to receive your daily and weekly Word.

JesusIsLordFellowshipBibleStudies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building.

Please contact Dr Diana Brevan about Bible Studies headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com

Now stand in agreement and Lets Praise Him Church Lets Praise Him! No Matter who you are what background you hold You are welcome to Worship with us and receive as well the Word in all of our Websites everyone that has breath is welcome to receive our weekly Bible Studies Everyone that has breath is welcome to Raise their hands and Touch The Hem of the Lords Garment In Prayer as we two or more gathered standing in agreement together!

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer

Prayer Room World Wide Warriors on Facebook Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/519140074816300/

Dr Diana Brevan Founder/President/Senior Pastora