Welcome to our Fellowship Hall.

Feel free to post a message.

Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certified Bible Studies: John Chapter 9

Gospel of John Chapter 9

The Gospel of John Chapter 9 tells the story of Jesus healing a man born blind and reveals spiritual blindness in the Pharisees.

Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible.

After you've read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day, as you complete the Bible Studies please send it in to the Headquarters in either attachment or through our Snail mail office PO Box. So that you will receive credit towards the end of each season for all the good and faithful Work that you have done and completed within this Bible studies time of January to December. I look forward in snail mailing your reward for a good job well done to those whom would like to study to show themselves approved unto our Savior.

This Weeks Bible studies is in the book of NKJ Any Questions please send it in as well as please recommend our studies to everyone that has breath for everyone is invited to do the Bible studies no matter where they are located make sure that you sign and send in your sign up sheet and let us know whether you are a group or individual that would like to do our Studies. God Bless You I Pray for each and every one of you as you receive the Lords Word and plant it within your heart I Pray that It will harvest within your life Amen!

The Gospel of John Chapter 9

1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12 Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind. 14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes. 15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight. 19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind: 21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself. 22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue. 23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples. 29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes. 31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. 32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind. 33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Daily Study Questions

DAY ONE

1. What was the purpose given by Jesus for the man being born blind in the Gospel of John Chapter 9, verse 3?

2. Read the following passages of Scripture:

•Numbers Chapter 12

•Job Chapter 2

•Gospel of Mark 2:1-5

•Gospel of John 5:1–14

•I Corinthians 11:23-30

•II Corinthians 12:7

•Galatians 4:13

•James 5:14-15

After reading these passages and the Gospel of John Chapter 9, what can we conclude about sin and its relationship to suffering or sickness?

3. How was the work of God displayed in the life of the man born blind?

DAY TWO

1. Put yourself in the man born blind’s shoes. How do you think he felt at the following stages of the story? What 2 or 3 words do you think he might have said aloud or to himself at each stage of his story as provided here in the Gospel of John Chapter 9?

•When the mud was placed on his eyes

•When he washed in the pool of Siloam

•When he returned to his home

•When he was questioned by the Pharisees

•When he was thrown out

•When Jesus found him

DAY THREE

1. Why was the man born blind brought to the Pharisees?

2. Why were the Pharisees having a hard time with the blind man’s story?

DAY FOUR

1. Why did the Pharisees summon the blind man’s parents as provided in the Gospel of John Chapter 9, verse 18?

2. What did the Pharisees try to persuade the blind man to say in the Gospel of John Chapter 9, verse 24 and what does it indicate about their character?

DAY FIVE

1. Who could the Pharisees called as a witness that might have settled the whole matter for them? In your opinion, why wasn’t he called?

2. Where is it prophesied in the Old Testament that the Messiah would open the eyes of the blind?

DAY SIX

1. What 2 places in the New Testament did Jesus indicate that opening the eyes of the blind was an indication he was the Messiah?

Jesus stated the Pharisees were not blind and that they claimed they could see in the Gospel of John Chapter 9, verse 41. What could they not see and what do you think was the sin they were they guilty of?

We are a Life Changing Ministry, a Going ministry and a growing Ministry and Praying Ministry, this is a Growing Ministry, a Ministry that Brings Results!
Please send Us Your Prayer Requests Your Celebration of Praises, any letters or other to
JESUS IS LORD FELLOWSHIP WWI USA HQ
DR. DIANA BREVAN
PO BOX 2752
INVERNESS FLORIDA 34451
You Also are welcome to write to us to
Dr. Diana Brevan:
Pastora Diana Brevan Headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com
Deacon Matthew Helmich: Matt76021@yahoo.com
Rosemary Gutierrez rosemaryv1052@yahoo.com

WWW.Jesusislordfellowshipwwi.bravehost.com No Membership required. Everyone is welcome every moment of your day and night to visit us to click on the Icon Fellowship Hall and Receive Your Word of the day as you scroll for your day and your weekly message and Word of God. Please as you visit regular click on the guestbook and sign the guest book so we will know that you came to visit us and how you enjoyed your stay. God bless you and remember Jesus Is Lord!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jesusislordfellowship/ Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building to receive your daily and weekly Word.
JesusIsLordFellowshipBibleStudies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building.
Now stand in agreement and Let’s Praise Him Church Lets Praise Him! No Matter who you are what background you hold You are welcome to Worship with us and receive as well the Word in all of our Websites everyone that has breath is welcome to receive our weekly Bible Studies Everyone that has breath is welcome to Raise their hands and Touch the Hem of the Lords Garment in Prayer as we two or more gathered standing in agreement together!
To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer
Prayer Room World Wide Warriors on Facebook Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/519140074816300/
Dr Diana Brevan Founder/President/Senior Pastora