Welcome to our Fellowship Hall.

Feel free to post a message.

Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certified Bible Studies: John Chapter 10

Gospel of John Chapter 10

The Gospel of John Chapter 10 reveals Jesus Christ as a the Good Shepherd.

He causes so much controversy in Jerusalem that the Jewish religious leaders surround Him and ask him to tell them plainly if He is the Christ. Learn what Jesus tells them as you study the Great Shepard in the Gospel of John who laid down his life for you and me.

You’re learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day, Or do the Bible Studies completely and send it all right in attachment, or email, or snail mail as instructed. We look forward to signing your Reward at the end of each year as you accomplish and study to show thyselves approved unto Christ Jesus.

John 10
John 10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

Daily Study Questions

DAY ONE

1. As the Shepherd, how does Jesus lead us as his sheep? List 2 things from the figure of speech in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verses 1-5.

2. How do we follow him as sheep? List 2 things from the figure of speech in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verses 1-5.

3. Who do you think Jesus was referring to in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 8?

DAY TWO

1. List 3 benefits to us that Jesus offers us as the Good Shepherd provided in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verses 7-13?

2. In this figure of speech Jesus states he is the Good Shepherd. Who are:

•The Wolf?

•The Hired Hand?

•Sheep not of this flock?

3. List 3 truths we can learn from Chapter 10 verses 17 and 18 of the Gospel of John.

DAY THREE

1. How has the devil stolen, killed or destroyed things or people in your life; or how has Jesus provided you a life that is more abundant and full?

2. What did Jesus say that made some think that he was demon possessed and raving mad?

3. What is the relationship between the Feast of Dedication, the Festival of Lights, and Hanukkah?

DAY FOUR

1. Twice, in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verses 25 and 32, Jesus points to the miracles he has done as witnesses that he is the Messiah. List the publicly performed miracles recorded in the Book of John that should have testified that Jesus was the Messiah from the following chapters:

•Chapter 2

•Chapter 4

•Chapter 5

•Chapter 6

•Chapter 9

2. What do the Jews imply by their question "How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly."

3. The scripture Jesus refers to in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 34 is Psalm 82:6. Who are the gods referred to there?

DAY FIVE

1. In your own words, explain the logic of Jesus argument provided in Chapter 10 verses 35 and 36.

2. How could the Jews have discerned that Jesus did what the Father does as he challenged them to do in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 37?

3. Three times in this chapter Jesus calls for the Jews to believe in him not for what he says but because of the miracles he did publicly. Have you judged or been judged because of what you or someone said? Was that judgment later changed due to an observation of behavior?

DAY SIX

1. Where was “the place where John at first baptized” Jesus went to as referred to in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 40?

List 3 things John the Baptist said about Jesus Christ.

We are a Life Changing Ministry, a Going ministry and a growing Ministry and Praying Ministry, this is a Growing Ministry, a Ministry that Brings Results!
Please send Us Your Prayer Requests Your Celebration of Praises, any letters or other to
JESUS IS LORD FELLOWSHIP WWI USA HQ
DR. DIANA BREVAN
PO BOX 2752
INVERNESS FLORIDA 34451
You Also are welcome to write to us to
Dr. Diana Brevan:
Pastora Diana Brevan Headquartersjilfwwi@yahoo.com
Deacon Matthew Helmich: Matt76021@yahoo.com
Rosemary Gutierrez rosemaryv1052@yahoo.com

WWW.Jesusislordfellowshipwwi.bravehost.com No Membership required. Everyone is welcome every moment of your day and night to visit us to click on the Icon Fellowship Hall and Receive Your Word of the day as you scroll for your day and your weekly message and Word of God. Please as you visit regular click on the guestbook and sign the guest book so we will know that you came to visit us and how you enjoyed your stay. God bless you and remember Jesus Is Lord!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jesusislordfellowship/ Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building to receive your daily and weekly Word.
JesusIsLordFellowshipBibleStudies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Membership is required to join the yahoo groups to enter our on line Fellowship Building.
Now stand in agreement and Let’s Praise Him Church Lets Praise Him! No Matter who you are what background you hold You are welcome to Worship with us and receive as well the Word in all of our Websites everyone that has breath is welcome to receive our weekly Bible Studies Everyone that has breath is welcome to Raise their hands and Touch the Hem of the Lords Garment in Prayer as we two or more gathered standing in agreement together!
To Join to our World Wide Prayer Warriors Websites: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/upperroomofprayer
Prayer Room World Wide Warriors on Facebook Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/519140074816300/
Dr Diana Brevan Founder/President/Senior Pastora