Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Words of Jesus 03-29 2023

Words of Jesus 03-29 2023

John 20
New King James Version
The Empty Tomb
20 Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

3 Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. 4 So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. 5 And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, 7 and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.

Mary Magdalene Sees the Risen Lord
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”

She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”

14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?”

She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”

16 Jesus said to her, “Mary!”

She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).

17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’ ”

18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things to her.

The Apostles Commissioned
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.

21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Seeing and Believing
24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

That You May Believe
30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Footnotes
John 20:7 face cloth
John 20:9 understand
John 20:16 NU adds in Hebrew
John 20:18 NU disciples, “I have seen the Lord,”
John 20:19 NU omits assembled
John 20:29 NU, M omit Thomas
Juan 20
Reina Valera Actualizada
La resurrección de Jesús
20 El primer día de la semana, muy de madrugada, siendo aún oscuro, María Magdalena fue al sepulcro y vio que la piedra había sido quitada del sepulcro. 2 Entonces corrió y fue a Simón Pedro y al otro discípulo a quien amaba Jesús, y les dijo:

—Han sacado al Señor del sepulcro y no sabemos dónde lo han puesto.

3 Salieron, pues, Pedro y el otro discípulo e iban al sepulcro. 4 Y los dos corrían juntos, pero el otro discípulo corrió más rápidamente que Pedro y llegó primero al sepulcro. 5 Y cuando se inclinó, vio que los lienzos habían quedado allí; sin embargo, no entró.

6 Entonces llegó Simón Pedro siguiéndolo y entró en el sepulcro. Y vio los lienzos que habían quedado, 7 y el sudario que había estado sobre su cabeza no puesto con los lienzos sino doblado en un lugar aparte. 8 Entonces entró también el otro discípulo que había llegado primero al sepulcro, y vio y creyó. 9 Pues aún no entendían la Escritura, que le era necesario resucitar de entre los muertos. 10 Entonces los discípulos volvieron a los suyos.

Jesús aparece a María Magdalena
11 Pero María Magdalena estaba llorando fuera del sepulcro. Mientras lloraba, se inclinó hacia dentro del sepulcro 12 y vio a dos ángeles con vestiduras blancas que estaban sentados, el uno a la cabecera y el otro a los pies donde había sido puesto el cuerpo de Jesús. 13 Y ellos le dijeron:

—Mujer, ¿por qué lloras?

Les dijo:

—Porque se han llevado a mi Señor y no sé dónde lo han puesto.

14 Habiendo dicho esto, se volvió hacia atrás y vio a Jesús de pie; pero no se daba cuenta de que era Jesús.

15 Jesús le dijo:

—Mujer, ¿por qué lloras? ¿A quién buscas?

Ella, pensando que él era el jardinero, le dijo:

—Señor, si tú lo has llevado, dime dónde lo has puesto y yo lo llevaré.

16 Jesús le dijo:

—María…

Volviéndose ella, le dijo en hebreo:

—¡Raboni! (que quiere decir Maestro).

17 Jesús le dijo:

—Suéltame porque aún no he subido al Padre. Pero ve a mis hermanos y diles: “Yo subo a mi Padre y Padre de ustedes, a mi Dios y Dios de ustedes”.

18 María Magdalena fue a dar las noticias a los discípulos:

—¡He visto al Señor!

También les contó que él le había dicho estas cosas.

Jesús aparece a sus discípulos
19 Al anochecer de aquel día, el primero de la semana, y estando las puertas cerradas en el lugar donde los discípulos se reunían por miedo a los judíos, Jesús entró, se puso en medio de ellos y les dijo: “¡Paz a ustedes!”. 20 Habiendo dicho esto, les mostró las manos y el costado. Los discípulos se regocijaron cuando vieron al Señor. 21 Entonces Jesús les dijo otra vez: “¡Paz a ustedes! Como me ha enviado el Padre, así también yo los envío a ustedes”.

22 Habiendo dicho esto, sopló y les dijo: “Reciban el Espíritu Santo. 23 A los que remitan los pecados, les han sido remitidos; y a quienes se los retengan, les han sido retenidos”.

Jesús convence a Tomás
24 Pero Tomás, llamado Dídimo, uno de los doce, no estaba con ellos cuando vino Jesús. 25 Entonces los otros discípulos le decían:

—¡Hemos visto al Señor!

Pero él les dijo:

—Si yo no veo en sus manos la marca de los clavos, y si no meto mi dedo en la marca de los clavos y si no meto mi mano en su costado, no creeré jamás.

26 Ocho días después, sus discípulos estaban adentro otra vez y Tomás estaba con ellos. Y aunque las puertas estaban cerradas, Jesús entró, se puso en medio y dijo:

—¡Paz a ustedes!

27 Luego dijo a Tomás:

—Pon tu dedo aquí y mira mis manos, pon acá tu mano y métela en mi costado, y no seas incrédulo sino creyente.

28 Entonces Tomás respondió y le dijo:

—¡Señor mío y Dios mío!

29 Jesús le dijo:

—¿Porque me has visto, has creído? . ¡Bienaventurados los que no ven y creen!

El propósito de este libro
30 Por cierto, Jesús hizo muchas otras señales en presencia de sus discípulos las cuales no están escritas en este libro. 31 Pero estas cosas han sido escritas para que ustedes crean que Jesús es el Cristo, el Hijo de Dios, y para que creyendo tengan vida en su nombre.

Footnotes
Juan 20:29 Otra trad., quieres.