Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Testement Bible Reading 05-16-2023

New Testement Bible Reading 05-16-2023

Galatians 5-6
New King James Version
Christian Liberty

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Love Fulfills the Law

7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.

11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased. 12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Bear and Share Burdens

6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load.

Be Generous and Do Good

6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.

7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Glory Only in the Cross

11 See with what large letters I have written to you with my own hand! 12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

Blessing and a Plea

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

17 From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Footnotes

Galatians 5:1 NU For freedom Christ has made us free; stand fast therefore, and
Galatians 5:3 obligated
Galatians 5:12 mutilate themselves
Galatians 5:19 NU omits adultery
Galatians 5:19 sexual immorality
Galatians 5:21 NU omits murders
Galatians 5:23 meekness
Galatians 6:1 caught
Galatians 6:14 Or which, the cross
Gálatas 5-6
Reina Valera Actualizada
Estad firmes en la libertad de Cristo

5 Estén, pues, firmes en la libertad con que Cristo nos hizo libres, y no se pongan otra vez bajo el yugo de la esclavitud. 2 He aquí yo, Pablo, les digo que si se dejan circuncidar, de nada les aprovechará Cristo. 3 Y otra vez declaro a todo hombre que acepta ser circuncidado, que está obligado a cumplir toda la ley.

4 Ustedes, que pretenden ser justificados en la ley, ¡han quedado desligados de Cristo y de la gracia han caído! 5 Porque nosotros por el Espíritu aguardamos por la fe la esperanza de la justicia. 6 Pues en Cristo Jesús ni la circuncisión ni la incircuncisión valen nada sino la fe que actúa por medio del amor.

7 Corrían bien. ¿Quién los estorbó para no obedecer a la verdad? 8 Tal persuasión no proviene de aquel que los llama. 9 Un poquito de levadura leuda toda la masa. 10 Yo confío en el Señor con respecto a ustedes que no pensarán de ninguna otra manera; y el que los inquieta llevará su castigo, sea quien sea. 11 Pero con respecto a mí, hermanos, si todavía predico la circuncisión, ¿por qué aún soy perseguido? En tal caso, se habría quitado el tropiezo de la cruz. 12 ¡Ojalá se mutilasen los que los perturban!

Frutos de la carne y del Espíritu

13 Ustedes fueron llamados a la libertad, hermanos; solamente que no usen la libertad como pretexto para la carnalidad. Más bien, sírvanse los unos a los otros por medio del amor, 14 porque toda la ley se ha resumido en un solo precepto: Amarás a tu prójimo como a ti mismo . 15 Pero si se muerden y se comen los unos a los otros, miren que no sean consumidos los unos por los otros.

16 Digo, pues: Anden en el Espíritu, y así jamás satisfarán los malos deseos de la carne. 17 Porque la carne desea lo que es contrario al Espíritu, y el Espíritu lo que es contrario a la carne. Ambos se oponen mutuamente para que no hagan lo que quisieran. 18 Pero si son guiados por el Espíritu, no están bajo la ley.

19 Ahora bien, las obras de la carne son evidentes. Estas son: inmoralidad sexual , impureza, desenfreno, 20 idolatría, hechicería, enemistades, pleitos, celos, ira, contiendas, disensiones, partidismos, 21 envidia , borracheras, orgías y cosas semejantes a estas, de las cuales les advierto, como ya lo hice antes, que los que hacen tales cosas no heredarán el reino de Dios.

22 Pero el fruto del Espíritu es: amor, gozo, paz, paciencia, benignidad, bondad, fe, 23 mansedumbre y dominio propio. Contra tales cosas no hay ley 24 porque los que son de Cristo Jesús han crucificado la carne con sus pasiones y deseos.

25 Ahora que vivimos en el Espíritu, andemos en el Espíritu. 26 No seamos vanidosos, irritándonos unos a otros y envidiándonos unos a otros.

La solidaridad cristiana

6 Hermanos, en caso de que alguien se encuentre enredado en alguna transgresión, ustedes que son espirituales restauren al tal con espíritu de mansedumbre, considerándote a ti mismo, no sea que tú también seas tentado. 2 Sobrelleven los unos las cargas de los otros y de esta manera cumplirán la ley de Cristo. 3 Porque si alguien estima que es algo, no siendo nada, a sí mismo se engaña. 4 Así que, examine cada uno su obra, y entonces tendrá motivo de orgullo solo en sí mismo y no en otro; 5 porque cada cual llevará su propia carga.

6 El que recibe instrucción en la palabra comparta toda cosa buena con quien le instruye.

7 No se engañen; Dios no puede ser burlado. Todo lo que el hombre siembre, eso mismo cosechará. 8 Porque el que siembra para su carne, de la carne cosechará corrupción; pero el que siembra para el Espíritu, del Espíritu cosechará vida eterna. 9 No nos cansemos, pues, de hacer el bien porque a su tiempo cosecharemos, si no desmayamos. 10 Por lo tanto, mientras tengamos oportunidad, hagamos el bien a todos, y en especial a los de la familia de la fe.

Conclusión

11 Miren con cuán grandes letras les escribo con mi propia mano. 12 Aquellos que quieren tener el visto bueno en la carne les obligan a ser circuncidados solamente para no ser perseguidos a causa de la cruz de Cristo. 13 Pues ni los que son circuncidados guardan la ley; sin embargo, quieren que ustedes sean circuncidados para gloriarse en su carne. 14 Pero lejos esté de mí el gloriarme sino en la cruz de nuestro Señor Jesucristo, por medio de quien el mundo me ha sido crucificado a mí y yo al mundo. 15 Porque ni la circuncisión ni la incircuncisión valen nada sino la nueva criatura.

16 Para todos los que anden según esta regla, paz y misericordia sean sobre ellos y sobre el Israel de Dios.

17 De aquí en adelante nadie me cause dificultades pues llevo en mi cuerpo las marcas de Jesús.

18 La gracia de nuestro Señor Jesucristo sea con el espíritu de ustedes, hermanos. Amén.

Footnotes

Gálatas 5:14 Lev. 19:18; cf. Mat. 22:39; Mar. 12:31; Luc. 10:27.
Gálatas 5:19 Algunos mss. antiguos tienen adulterio, inmoralidad sexual…
Gálatas 5:21 Algunos mss. antiguos agregan homicidios.
Gálatas 6:15 Algunos mss. incluyen en Cristo Jesús.