Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Testement Bible Reading 05-20-2023

New Testement Bible Reading 05-20-2023

Philippians 3-4
New King James Version
All for Christ

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, 4 though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Pressing Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Our Citizenship in Heaven

17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Be Anxious for Nothing; Think These Thoughts

4 Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.

Be United, Joyful, and in Prayer

2 I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Philippian Generosity

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Greeting and Blessing

21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you. 22 All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar’s household.

23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Footnotes

Philippians 3:3 NU, M in the Spirit of God
Philippians 3:11 Lit. arrive at
Philippians 3:12 obtained it
Philippians 3:13 laid hold of it
Philippians 3:16 arrived
Philippians 3:16 NU omits rule and the rest of v. 16.
Philippians 4:3 NU, M Yes
Philippians 4:5 graciousness or forbearance
Philippians 4:10 you have revived your care
Philippians 4:12 live humbly
Philippians 4:12 live in prosperity
Philippians 4:13 NU Him who
Philippians 4:18 Or have received all
Philippians 4:23 NU your spirit
Filipenses 3-4
Reina Valera Actualizada
La meta del llamamiento de Dios

3 Por lo demás, hermanos míos, regocíjense en el Señor. El escribirles las mismas cosas a mí no me es molesto, y para ustedes es más seguro.

2 ¡Guárdense de los perros! ¡Guárdense de los malos obreros! ¡Guárdense de los que mutilan el cuerpo! 3 Porque nosotros somos la circuncisión: los que servimos a Dios en espíritu, los que nos gloriamos en Cristo Jesús y los que no confiamos en la carne. 4 Aunque yo tengo de qué confiar también en la carne. Si alguno cree tener de qué confiar en la carne, yo más: 5 circuncidado al octavo día, del linaje de Israel, de la tribu de Benjamín, hebreo de hebreos; en cuanto a la ley, fariseo; 6 en cuanto al celo, perseguidor de la iglesia; en cuanto a la justicia de la ley, irreprensible.

7 Pero las cosas que para mí eran ganancia las he considerado pérdida a causa de Cristo. 8 Y aún más: Considero como pérdida todas las cosas, en comparación con lo incomparable que es conocer a Cristo Jesús mi Señor. Por su causa lo he perdido todo y lo tengo por basura a fin de ganar a Cristo 9 y ser hallado en él; sin pretender una justicia mía, derivada de la ley, sino la que es por la fe en Cristo; la justicia que proviene de Dios por la fe. 10 Anhelo conocerlo a él y el poder de su resurrección, y participar en sus padecimientos, para ser semejante a él en su muerte; 11 y de alguna manera, me encontraré en la resurrección de los muertos.

12 No quiero decir que ya lo haya alcanzado ni que haya llegado a la perfección, sino que prosigo a ver si alcanzo aquello para lo cual también fui alcanzado por Cristo Jesús. 13 Hermanos, yo mismo no pretendo haberlo ya alcanzado. Pero una cosa hago: olvidando lo que queda atrás y extendiéndome a lo que está por delante, 14 prosigo a la meta hacia el premio del supremo llamamiento de Dios en Cristo Jesús. 15 Así que, todos los que hemos alcanzado la madurez pensemos de este modo; y si piensan otra cosa, también eso nos lo revelará Dios. 16 En todo caso, sigamos fieles a lo que hemos logrado .

17 Hermanos, sean imitadores de mí y presten atención a los que así se conducen, según el ejemplo que tienen en nosotros. 18 Porque muchos andan por ahí, de quienes les hablaba muchas veces, y ahora hasta lo digo llorando, que son enemigos de la cruz de Cristo. 19 El fin de ellos será la perdición, su dios es su estómago, su gloria se halla en su vergüenza, y piensan solamente en lo terrenal. 20 Porque nuestra ciudadanía está en los cielos, de donde también esperamos ardientemente al Salvador, el Señor Jesucristo. 21 Él transformará nuestro cuerpo de humillación para que tenga la misma forma de su cuerpo de gloria, según la operación de su poder, para sujetar también a sí mismo todas las cosas.

4 Así que, hermanos míos, amados y queridos, gozo y corona mía, estén firmes en el Señor, amados.

Hacia la armonía y el regocijo

2 Ruego a Evodia, y ruego a Síntique que se pongan de acuerdo en el Señor. 3 Sí, y a ti también, fiel compañero , te pido que ayudes a estas hermanas que lucharon junto conmigo en el evangelio, también con Clemente y los demás colaboradores míos cuyos nombres están en el libro de la vida.

4 ¡Regocíjense en el Señor siempre! Otra vez lo digo: ¡Regocíjense! 5 Su amabilidad sea conocida por todos los hombres. ¡El Señor está cerca! 6 Por nada estén afanosos; más bien, presenten sus peticiones delante de Dios en toda oración y ruego, con acción de gracias. 7 Y la paz de Dios, que sobrepasa todo entendimiento, guardará sus corazones y sus mentes en Cristo Jesús.

8 En cuanto a lo demás, hermanos, todo lo que es verdadero, todo lo honorable, todo lo justo, todo lo puro, todo lo amable, todo lo que es de buen nombre, si hay virtud alguna, si hay algo que merece alabanza, en esto piensen. 9 Lo que aprendieron, recibieron, oyeron y vieron en mí, esto hagan; y el Dios de paz estará con ustedes.

Gratitud por la ayuda recibida

10 En gran manera me regocijé en el Señor porque al fin se ha renovado la preocupación de ustedes para conmigo. Siempre pensaban en mí, pero les faltaba la oportunidad. 11 No lo digo porque tenga escasez pues he aprendido a contentarme con lo que tengo. 12 Sé vivir en la pobreza, y sé vivir en la abundancia. En todo lugar y en todas las circunstancias he aprendido el secreto de hacer frente tanto a la hartura como al hambre, tanto a la abundancia como a la necesidad. 13 ¡Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece! 14 Sin embargo, hicieron bien en participar conmigo en mi tribulación.

15 También saben, oh filipenses, que al comienzo del evangelio, cuando partí de Macedonia, ninguna iglesia participó conmigo en cuanto a dar y recibir sino ustedes solos. 16 Porque aun a Tesalónica enviaron para mis necesidades una y otra vez. 17 No es que busque donativo sino que busco fruto que abunde en la cuenta de ustedes. 18 Sin embargo, todo lo he recibido y tengo abundancia. Estoy lleno, habiendo recibido de Epafrodito lo que enviaron, como olor fragante, un sacrificio aceptable y agradable a Dios. 19 Mi Dios, pues, suplirá toda necesidad de ustedes conforme a sus riquezas en gloria en Cristo Jesús. 20 A nuestro Dios y Padre sea la gloria por los siglos de los siglos. Amén.

Saludos y bendición final

21 Saluden a todos los santos en Cristo Jesús. Los hermanos que están conmigo los saludan. 22 Todos los santos los saludan, y mayormente los que pertenecen a la casa del César . 23 La gracia de nuestro Señor Jesucristo sea con el espíritu de ustedes .

Footnotes

Filipenses 3:2 Juego de palabras con circuncisión del v. 3; cf. Gál. 5:12.
Filipenses 3:14 Lit., el llamado desde arriba.
Filipenses 3:16 Algunos mss. antiguos agregan pensando en la misma cosa.
Filipenses 4:3 Gr., sícigo; algunos lo toman como nombre propio.
Filipenses 4:13 Los mss. más antiguos tienen en aquel.
Filipenses 4:22 Es decir, los creyentes al servicio del emperador, con quienes Pablo estaba vinculado en sus prisiones.
Filipenses 4:23 Algunos mss. antiguos agregan Amén; otros tienen con todos ustedes. Amén.