Jesus is Lord Fellowship WWI
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 05-24-2023

Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 05-24-2023
Luke 10
King James Version
10 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.
15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Lucas 10
Reina Valera Actualizada
La misión de los setenta
10 Después de estas cosas, el Señor designó a otros setenta a los cuales envió delante de sí de dos en dos a toda ciudad y lugar a donde él había de ir. 2 Y les decía: “A la verdad, la mies es mucha pero los obreros son pocos. Rueguen, pues, al Señor de la mies que envíe obreros a su mies. 3 ¡Vayan! He aquí yo los envío como corderos en medio de lobos. 4 No lleven bolsa ni alforjas ni calzado; ni saluden a nadie por el camino.
5 “En cualquier casa donde entren, primeramente digan: ‘Paz sea a esta casa’. 6 Si hay allí un hijo de paz, la paz de ustedes reposará sobre él; pero si no, volverá a ustedes. 7 Posen en aquella misma casa, comiendo y bebiendo lo que les den porque el obrero es digno de su salario. No anden de casa en casa. 8 En cualquier ciudad donde entren y los reciban, coman lo que les pongan delante. 9 Sanen a los enfermos que haya allí y díganles: ‘El reino de Dios se ha acercado a ustedes’.
10 “Pero en cualquier ciudad donde entren y no los reciban, salgan a sus calles y digan: 11 ‘Aun el polvo de su ciudad que se ha pegado a nuestros pies lo sacudimos contra ustedes. Pero sepan esto: que el reino de Dios se ha acercado’ . 12 Les digo que en aquel día será más tolerable para Sodoma que para aquella ciudad.
13 “¡Ay de ti, Corazín! ¡Ay de ti, Betsaida! Porque si se hubieran realizado en Tiro y en Sidón los hechos poderosos que han sido realizados en ustedes, desde hace tiempo se habrían arrepentido sentados en saco y ceniza. 14 Por lo tanto, en el juicio será más tolerable para Tiro y Sidón que para ustedes. 15 Y tú, Capernaúm, ¿serás exaltada hasta el cielo? ¡Hasta el Hades serás hundida! 16 El que los escucha me escucha a mí; el que los rechaza me rechaza a mí; y el que me rechaza, rechaza al que me envió”.
El regreso de los setenta
17 Los setenta volvieron con gozo, diciendo:
—Señor, ¡aun los demonios se nos sujetan en tu nombre!
18 Él les dijo:
—Yo veía a Satanás caer del cielo como un rayo. 19 He aquí, les doy autoridad de pisar serpientes, escorpiones y sobre todo el poder del enemigo; y nada les dañará. 20 Sin embargo, no se regocijen de esto, de que los espíritus se les sujeten, sino regocíjense de que sus nombres están inscritos en los cielos.
Jesús se regocija por los suyos
21 En aquella misma hora Jesús se regocijó en el Espíritu Santo y dijo: “Yo te alabo, oh Padre, Señor del cielo y de la tierra, porque has escondido estas cosas de los sabios y entendidos y las has revelado a los niños. Sí, Padre, porque así te agradó.
22 “Todas las cosas me han sido entregadas por mi Padre. Nadie conoce quién es el Hijo sino el Padre; ni quién es el Padre sino el Hijo y aquel a quien el Hijo lo quiera revelar”.
23 Volviéndose a los discípulos les dijo aparte:
—Bienaventurados los ojos que ven lo que ustedes ven. 24 Porque les digo que muchos profetas y reyes desearon ver lo que ustedes ven, y no lo vieron; y oír lo que oyen, y no lo oyeron.
Parábola del buen samaritano
25 Y he aquí, cierto maestro de la ley se levantó para probarle, diciendo:
—Maestro, ¿haciendo qué cosa poseeré la vida eterna?
26 Y él le dijo:
—¿Qué está escrito en la ley? ¿Cómo lees?
27 Él le respondió diciendo:
—Amarás al Señor tu Dios con todo tu corazón, con toda tu alma, con todas tus fuerzas y con toda tu mente; y a tu prójimo como a ti mismo .
28 Le dijo:
—Has respondido bien. Haz esto y vivirás.
29 Pero él, queriendo justificarse, le preguntó a Jesús:
—¿Y quién es mi prójimo?
30 Respondiendo Jesús, le dijo:
—Cierto hombre descendía de Jerusalén a Jericó, y cayó en manos de ladrones quienes lo despojaron de su ropa, lo hirieron y se fueron dejándolo medio muerto. 31 Por casualidad, descendía cierto sacerdote por aquel camino y, al verle, pasó de largo. 32 De igual manera, un levita también llegó al lugar y, al ir y verle, pasó de largo. 33 Pero cierto samaritano, que iba de viaje, llegó cerca de él y, al verle, fue movido a misericordia. 34 Acercándose a él, vendó sus heridas echándoles aceite y vino. Y poniéndolo sobre su propia cabalgadura, lo llevó a un mesón y cuidó de él. 35 Al día siguiente sacó dos monedas y se las dio al mesonero diciéndole: “Cuídamelo, y todo lo que gastes de más yo te lo pagaré cuando vuelva”. 36 ¿Cuál de estos tres te parece haber sido el prójimo de aquel que cayó en manos de ladrones?
37 Él dijo:
—El que hizo misericordia con él.
Entonces Jesús le dijo:
—Ve y haz tú lo mismo.
Jesús en casa de Marta y María
38 Prosiguiendo ellos su camino, él entró en una aldea; y una mujer llamada Marta lo recibió en su casa. 39 Esta tenía una hermana que se llamaba María, la cual se sentó a los pies del Señor y escuchaba su palabra. 40 Pero Marta estaba preocupada con muchos quehaceres y, acercándose, dijo:
—Señor, ¿no te importa que mi hermana me haya dejado servir sola? Dile, pues, que me ayude.
41 Pero respondiendo el Señor, le dijo:
—Marta, Marta, te afanas y te preocupas por muchas cosas. 42 Pero una sola cosa es necesaria. Pues María ha escogido la buena parte, la cual no le será quitada.
Footnotes
Lucas 10:1 Algunos mss. antiguos tienen setenta y dos.
Lucas 10:9 Otra trad., está cerca.
Lucas 10:11 Algunos mss. antiguos añaden a ustedes.
Lucas 10:17 Algunos mss. antiguos tienen setenta y dos.
Lucas 10:21 Algunos mss. antiguos tienen en espíritu.
Lucas 10:27 Lev. 19:18; Deut. 6:5.
Lucas 10:35 Lit., dos denarios. El denario era una moneda romana; equivalía al salario de un día para un obrero.