Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 06-09-2023

Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 06-09-2023
John 2
Easy-to-Read Version
The Wedding at Cana
2 Two days later there was a wedding in the town of Cana in Galilee, and Jesus’ mother was there. 2 Jesus and his followers were also invited. 3 At the wedding there was not enough wine, so Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
4 Jesus answered, “Dear woman, why are you telling me this? It is not yet time for me to begin my work.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do what he tells you.”
6 There were six large stone waterpots there that were used by the Jews in their washing ceremonies. Each one held about 20 or 30 gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them to the top.
8 Then he said to them, “Now dip out some water and take it to the man in charge of the feast.”
So they did what he said. 9 Then the man in charge tasted it, but the water had become wine. He did not know where the wine had come from, but the servants who brought the water knew. He called the bridegroom 10 and said to him, “People always serve the best wine first. Later, when the guests are drunk, they serve the cheaper wine. But you have saved the best wine until now.”
11 This was the first of all the miraculous signs Jesus did. He did it in the town of Cana in Galilee. By this he showed his divine greatness, and his followers believed in him.
12 Then Jesus went to the town of Capernaum. His mother and brothers and his followers went with him. They all stayed there a few days.
Jesus at the Temple
13 It was almost time for the Jewish Passover, so Jesus went to Jerusalem. 14 There in the Temple area he saw men selling cattle, sheep, and doves. He saw others sitting at tables, exchanging and trading people’s money. 15 Jesus made a whip with some pieces of rope. Then he forced all these men and the sheep and cattle to leave the Temple area. He turned over the tables of the money traders and scattered their money. 16 Then he said to those who were selling pigeons, “Take these things out of here! Don’t make my Father’s house a place for buying and selling!”
17 When this happened, his followers remembered what was written in the Scriptures:
“My strong devotion to your Temple will destroy me.”
18 Some Jews said to Jesus, “Show us a miracle as a sign from God. Prove that you have the right to do these things.”
19 Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple and I will build it again in three days.”
20 They answered, “People worked 46 years to build this Temple! Do you really believe you can build it again in three days?”
21 But the temple Jesus meant was his own body. 22 After he was raised from death, his followers remembered that he had said this. So they believed the Scriptures, and they believed the words Jesus said.
23 Jesus was in Jerusalem for the Passover festival. Many people believed in him because they saw the miraculous signs he did. 24 But Jesus did not trust them, because he knew how all people think. 25 He did not need anyone to tell him what a person was like. He already knew.
Footnotes
John 2:6 washing ceremonies The Jews had religious rules about washing in special ways before eating, before worshiping in the Temple, and at other special times.
John 2:6 20 or 30 gallons Literally, “2 or 3 metretas,” about 80 to 120 liters.
John 2
New King James Version
Water Turned to Wine
2 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”
4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”
6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”
11 This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
Jesus Cleanses the Temple
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”
18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
The Discerner of Hearts
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. 24 But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, 25 and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
Footnotes
John 2:11 revealed
John 2:14 Lit. sitting
John 2:17 NU, M will eat
John 2:22 NU, M omit to them
Juan 2
Reina Valera Actualizada
Jesús en la boda de Caná
2 Al tercer día se celebró una boda en Caná de Galilea, y estaba allí la madre de Jesús. 2 Fue invitado también Jesús con sus discípulos a la boda. 3 Y como faltó el vino, la madre de Jesús le dijo:
—No tienen vino.
4 Jesús le dijo:
—¿Qué tiene que ver eso conmigo y contigo, mujer? Todavía no ha llegado mi hora.
5 Su madre les dijo a los que servían:
—Hagan todo lo que él les diga.
6 Había allí seis tinajas de piedra para agua, de acuerdo con los ritos de los judíos para la purificación. En cada una de ellas cabían de cuarenta a setenta y cuatro litros. 7 Jesús les dijo:
—Llenen de agua las tinajas.
Y las llenaron hasta el borde. 8 Luego les dijo:
—Saquen ahora y llévenlo al encargado del banquete.
Se lo llevaron; 9 y cuando el encargado del banquete probó el agua ya hecha vino (y no sabía de dónde venía aunque los sirvientes que habían sacado el agua sí lo sabían), llamó al novio 10 y le dijo:
—Todo hombre sirve primero el buen vino y, cuando ya han tomado bastante, entonces saca el inferior. Pero tú has guardado el buen vino hasta ahora.
11 Este principio de señales hizo Jesús en Caná de Galilea, y manifestó su gloria y sus discípulos creyeron en él. 12 Después de esto, él descendió a Capernaúm con su madre, sus hermanos y sus discípulos; y se quedaron allí no muchos días.
Jesús purifica el templo
13 Estaba próxima la Pascua de los judíos, y Jesús subió a Jerusalén. 14 Halló en el templo a los que vendían vacunos, ovejas y palomas, y a los cambistas sentados. 15 Y después de hacer un látigo de cuerdas, los echó a todos del templo junto con las ovejas y los vacunos. Desparramó el dinero de los cambistas y volcó las mesas. 16 A los que vendían palomas les dijo:
—¡Quiten de aquí estas cosas y no hagan más de la casa de mi Padre casa de mercado!
17 Entonces se acordaron sus discípulos de que estaba escrito: El celo por tu casa me consumirá .
18 Los judíos respondieron y le dijeron:
—Ya que haces estas cosas, ¿qué señal nos muestras?
19 Respondió Jesús y les dijo:
—Destruyan este templo y en tres días lo levantaré.
20 Por tanto, los judíos dijeron:
—Durante cuarenta y seis años se construyó este templo, ¿y tú lo levantarás en tres días?
21 Pero él hablaba del templo de su cuerpo. 22 Por esto, cuando fue resucitado de entre los muertos sus discípulos se acordaron de que había dicho esto y creyeron la Escritura y las palabras que Jesús había dicho.
23 Mientras él estaba en Jerusalén en la fiesta de la Pascua, muchos creyeron en su nombre al observar las señales que hacía. 24 Pero Jesús mismo no confiaba en ellos, porque los conocía a todos 25 y porque no tenía necesidad de que nadie le diera testimonio acerca de los hombres, pues él conocía lo que había en el hombre.
Footnotes
Juan 2:17 Sal. 69:9.