Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 08-11-2023

Words Of Jesus Bible Reading 08-11-2023

Matthew 11
New King James Version
John the Baptist Sends Messengers to Jesus

11 Now it came to pass, when Jesus finished commanding His twelve disciples, that He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples 3 and said to Him, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”

4 Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: 5 The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”

7 As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? 8 But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses. 9 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet. 10 For this is he of whom it is written:

‘Behold, I send My messenger before Your face,
Who will prepare Your way before You.’
11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

16 “But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions, 17 and saying:

‘We played the flute for you,
And you did not dance;
We mourned to you,
And you did not lament.’
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.”

Woe to the Impenitent Cities

20 Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”

Jesus Gives True Rest

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Footnotes

Matthew 11:2 NU sent by his
Matthew 11:17 Lit. beat your breast
Matthew 11:19 wine drinker
Matthew 11:19 NU works
Matthew 11:23 NU will you be exalted to heaven? No, you will be
Matthew 11:29 meek
Mateo 11
Reina Valera Actualizada
Los mensajeros de Juan el Bautista

11 Aconteció que, cuando Jesús acabó de dar instrucciones a sus doce discípulos, se fue de allí a enseñar y a predicar en las ciudades de ellos. 2 Ahora bien, cuando oyó Juan en la cárcel de los hechos de Cristo, envió a él por medio de sus discípulos, 3 y le dijo:

—¿Eres tú aquel que ha de venir, o esperaremos a otro?

4 Y respondiendo Jesús les dijo:

—Vayan y hagan saber a Juan las cosas que oyen y ven: 5 Los ciegos ven, los cojos andan, los leprosos son hechos limpios, los sordos oyen, los muertos son resucitados, y a los pobres se les anuncia el evangelio. 6 Bienaventurado es el que no toma ofensa en mí.

Jesús testifica de Juan el Bautista

7 Mientras ellos se iban, Jesús comenzó a hablar de Juan a las multitudes: “¿Qué salieron a ver en el desierto? ¿Una caña sacudida por el viento? 8 Entonces, ¿qué salieron a ver? ¿Un hombre vestido de ropa delicada? He aquí, los que se visten con ropa delicada están en los palacios de los reyes. 9 Entonces, ¿qué salieron a ver? ¿Un profeta? ¡Sí, les digo, y más que profeta! 10 Este es aquel de quien está escrito:

He aquí yo envío mi mensajero

delante de tu rostro,

quien preparará tu camino

delante de ti .

11 De cierto les digo que no se ha levantado entre los nacidos de mujer ningún otro mayor que Juan el Bautista. Sin embargo, el más pequeño en el reino de los cielos es mayor que él. 12 Desde los días de Juan el Bautista hasta ahora, el reino de los cielos sufre violencia , y los violentos se apoderan de él. 13 Porque todos los Profetas y la Ley profetizaron hasta Juan. 14 Y si lo quieren recibir, él es el Elías que debía venir. 15 El que tiene oídos, oiga.

16 “Pero, ¿a qué compararé esta generación? Es semejante a los muchachos que se sientan en las plazas y dan voces a sus compañeros, 17 diciendo:

Les tocamos la flauta,

y no bailaron;

entonamos canciones de duelo

y no se lamentaron’.

18 Porque vino Juan, que no comía ni bebía, y dicen: ‘¡Demonio tiene!’. 19 Y vino el Hijo del Hombre, que come y bebe, y dicen: ‘¡He aquí un hombre comilón y bebedor de vino, amigo de publicanos y de pecadores!’. Pero la sabiduría es justificada por sus hechos ”.

Ayes sobre las ciudades

20 Entonces comenzó a reprender a las ciudades en las cuales se realizaron muchos de sus hechos poderosos, porque no se habían arrepentido: 21 “¡Ay de ti, Corazín! ¡Ay de ti, Betsaida! Porque si se hubieran realizado en Tiro y en Sidón los hechos poderosos que se realizaron en ustedes, ya hace tiempo se habrían arrepentido en saco y ceniza. 22 Pero les digo que en el día del juicio el castigo para Tiro y Sidón será más tolerable que para ustedes.

23 “Y tú, Capernaúm, ¿serás exaltada hasta el cielo? ¡Hasta el Hades serás hundida! Porque si entre los de Sodoma se hubieran realizado los hechos poderosos que se realizaron en ti, habrían permanecido hasta hoy. 24 Pero les digo que en el día del juicio el castigo será más tolerable para la tierra de Sodoma, que para ti”.

Jesús ofrece descanso para el alma

25 En aquel tiempo Jesús respondió y dijo: “Te alabo, oh Padre, Señor del cielo y de la tierra, porque has escondido estas cosas de los sabios y entendidos, y las has revelado a los niños. 26 Sí, Padre, porque así te agradó”.

27 “Todas las cosas me han sido entregadas por mi Padre. Nadie conoce bien al Hijo, sino el Padre. Nadie conoce bien al Padre, sino el Hijo y aquel a quien el Hijo lo quiera revelar. 28 “Vengan a mí, todos los que están fatigados y cargados, y yo los haré descansar. 29 Lleven mi yugo sobre ustedes, y aprendan de mí, que soy manso y humilde de corazón, y hallarán descanso para su alma. 30 Porque mi yugo es fácil, y ligera mi carga”.

Footnotes

Mateo 11:2 Algunos mss. antiguos incluyen dos de.
Mateo 11:10 Éxo. 23:20; Mal. 3:1.
Mateo 11:12 Otras trads., se entra en el reino de Dios con fuerza; o, el reino de Dios logra su avance violentamente.
Mateo 11:19 Algunos mss. antiguos dicen por sus hijos.