Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gum wrappers

Good Gosh, I had forgotten all about those! How many miles and miles of those chains did we make? I am surprised all of our teeth didn't fall out after chewing all that gum!
Susan, how much snow? We haven't gotten a "snow report" from you this year!

Re: gum wrappers

Hi Kathy,
The snow is still with us at this time and more predicted starting tomorrow. We got snow just before Christmas and it just hasn't left. Here in Aurora they take care of the main streets but we in the burbs don't get rid of the snow on the streets until it melts and so far it hasn't. Yesterday they plowed the main roads along the sides, throwing black, dirty snow all over the main road, I had to swerve in order not to hit a piece of snow and ice that was the size of a small boulder. But, with our warm weather yesterday (45 degrees)and the day before and all of those cars hitting the snow, I'm sure it is melted today. But the slush on our neighborhood roads was terrible. Nothing like last year's blizzard however.
On another note, I just recieved my Base History book. I didn't regonize but one person in the book. The first picture has a group of dignitaries and I regonized Connie Glasby's dad, John? I think. Anyone else regonize any of the people in the book? The pictures were great, but then I am always looking for things that represent when we were there.

Re: Re: gum wrappers

If you look on the page with the riding stables...my dad is at the back with a cowboy hat on. I think Mrs. Tish's in the same picture with a few others.

I was hoping they would have my Mom's pic on the golf course, but they didn't. Her pic was in one of the base mags because she hit a hole in one out there.

My Dad did recognize a few of the men in the pics, but I did not know them.

Re: Re: Re: gum wrappers

Kathy, Sue & Patty Tish, Janice Hexum and I think Margret Burns also are in it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: gum wrappers

TJ,
I am going to have to go back and look at it closer!!! I got my Dad one of the books at the base during the reunion and the author signed it for him. Just glanced at the pics!!
I nearly did not recognize my own Father!! I had to laugh at his pic with his cowboy hat and boots!! (He still wears cowboys boots, but they are much nicer now!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: gum wrappers

TJ,
What page are they on? I want to antedote my copy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: gum wrappers

Susan,
Pg: 61