Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ike

It is 9:30 pm on Friday night. The winds have just started here. We are supposed to be getting 70 mph gusts...think about driving down the road at 70 and sticking your face out the window!
Damage to mobile homes, down small or rotten trees, large tree limbs break, things left outside will be projectiles..etc. Not real bad, but bad enough for me!
I am at the Emergency Operations Office just waiting it out. Will probably be here until Sat afternoon. By then, hopefully it will have passes.

As Moose says, Life is Good!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ike

From what I've seen this morning on TV it looks pretty bad. I can't imagine losing my home and everything. I hope everything is OK.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ike

We were on the very West fringe of Ike. We had alot of wind and gusts, but nothing like the National Weather predicted, thank goodness! I stayed in the Emergency Operations office all night Friday night. By about 10 am Sat we realized we would not get the full force and were able to go home.
I just look at Houston and think that could have been us! How lucky we are....but pray for those that were in the path of Ike!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ike

Kathy,
I am so glad you didn't get the brunt of the storm. Just heard tonight that another death has been added.