Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joe Fortner

The boy Joe is really Paul. His real name is Joe Paul Fortner, but when I met him he said his name was Paul. When we joined the Air Force together, they said "Hey you name is Joe and that's what is on your dog tag maggott". I got in the same argument about his name with his wife Pam, she said quit calling him Paul his name is Joe. I said I have known him longer so I will call him what I want. So I called him Moose.

TJ

TJ, now why did you have to go and spoil it! I wanted her to believe there was another brother! (who lived in their basement!)

I'm sorry honey, what was I thinking?

TJ

Well, honey, I don't think the basement comment would have worked. But, thank you for the clarification regarding identities. It has been many years since I have thought about some of these things. And, I do remember the nickname Moose; I just didn't immediately associate it with Paul Fortner. If memory serves even remotely, I think Marion Hill called him Moose.
----M

My brother Larry came up with the nickname. It kinda died out until we got together again when I came home on leave from the Army over the years. All of our family call him Moose.

The boy must be getting shy (Not)....

TJ