Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Picture

Hi Marion, When I have questions that vex me, I often go to the back door of the Golden Crown, into the kitchen, and visit Mr Lau. He always makes time for me. He will get us a couple of those small cups of Chinese green tea, then motion for me to proceed. As I talk, he often looks distracted, but from the piercing questions he asks, I know he is focused totally. Mr Lau will hold a concept up to the light and turn it and study it. His truth is always so simple that it is elegant. I always, always, always, come away wondering why I could not have seen what seems so obvious upon reflection. If you want, maybe we could spend time looking for some answers. I have a Japanese University student coming, this Thursday, to stay with me for about three weeks. I met his family when I was last in Japan. Taro wants to study our culture and language. I have been casting about for what to do with him. Would you be open to us driving over to where you teach and sitting in on a couple of your classes? I would buy lunch. How many hours drive are you from Mountain Home? Please give me your thoughts.

Re: Picture

Generally, most Japanese students have studied English, and being in a classroom is probably not what he has in mind for his US visit! I suspect that you have probably found some pretty interesting activities already.
---M