Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Beach Boys

I had soup and sandwiches with the Supreme's at Durb Gatch's house, and tuna fish and cream of tomato soup at my folks place (Hurlburt AFB, Florida)with John Wayne. He was filming the green berates and my Dad surprised mom with a lunch guest and she was embarrassed because that's what she had ready for lunch. Now that one was special. I was leaving for Nam in a week and was visiting the folks before I shipped out.

TJ

Cool! I'm sure your Mom was surprised!

I spent a few moments in the Austrian Airlines line with Phoebe Cates at the Bucharest Airport once. She's even better looking in person than on screen. All I could think about the whole time was that bikini scene in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High."

NICE!!!

I notice that the gals side-stepped any comments on that one

I have often told people we saw the Beach Boys at MHAFB and they could hardly believe it. I printed a copy of the posting, so now I have proof! What year was that, anyway??? Thanks for that Vickie...incidentally, you are quite the comic...you and all the others at our table kept us laughing a lot.

The Year was 1964

Betty,
It was Oct of 1964.

Re: The Year was 1964

I know my Mom took us to Wells in Boise to get the Beach Boys autographs. I have them in a autograph book. I don't remember when that happened.