Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Son Cooper

Congratulations to Cooper! Navy boot camp is a great experience (to have behind you, that is). I'm really glad I did it but I'm not eager to do it again. It puts a young person into a pretty good cross section of his/her fellow Americans where the only thing that matters is whether you pull your own weight. For most kids, it's a very maturing process. If he gets into Special Ops, he'll be serving with the best of the best and they take good care of each other.

Re: My Son Cooper

Hi Kathi,
As you know I am extremely happy that there are young men and women who want to go into the military. And you should be very proud. But as a mother, I feel what you must be going through. I am always taken back to the story of the recuiter who was trying to sign up a new recruit and the mother kept saying "No, he isn't going to go into the military" The recruiter said "what if every mother said No?" And of course you know the punch line- then there wouldn't be anymore wars. But we don't have that power, do we? We have to let our children do what they want and hope that it is what makes them happy. But know I feel your pain.
Susan