Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weather and kids

After not having any rain for 122 days, we finally had a thunder storm come across our county! WOW, 2 inches of rain with alot of wind and lightning!
So, my daughter stops at the gas station to put gas in her car ($3.95/gallon) and there was a baby bird laying on the pavement. It had apparently blown out of its nest during the storm. She asked the attendant for a paper towel and picked the baby bird up and took it home!!! My kids have always had big hearts! The little bird was shaking and cold, so she put it on a heating pad and warmed it up. It started moving around, then the reality came that she would have to feed it something!! After the rain she thought she could dig up some earth worms. Nope, the best she could do was a grub. I was really worried as she was telling me this story. I was afraid she was going to tell me she chewed it up for the baby bird! Thank goodness that was not what she did! She mushed the grub in a zip lock baggie, added water and with an eye dropper fed the little thing. Ok, now more reality! She ran to WalMart and of course they did not have a bird cage. hahaha! She will get one tomorrow, meanwhile tonight the little bird is on pads with a clothes basket over the top of it. Yep, her plan is to raise this little song bird and release it when it can fly and survive on its own.
Now you see how exciting my life is these days!! hahaha!

Re: Weather and kids

Pet stores sell worms, crickets, and other stuff to feed pets. Bait shops too.

You and Yours have Heart. I admire that the most.

TJ

WEll, the baby bird was not as young as she thought!! The next morning it was flying around her bedroom!! So she fed it once more and took it out to the trees and sat it on a limb. As she turned to leave, the little thing chirped as if to say thank you! And flew away!!