Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To the teachers we had and what they created

Betty, You are correct, I got it as an e-mail but it struck me right off as a keeper. I posted it here because I thought it might help restore Susan’s faith in herself about the problems she’s having swapping pictures. If I remember correctly, she is a teacher also??
I think Gig, you and I were in Mr. Tucker’s biology class as sophomores. I might have taken revenge for Jerry making us watch frog cells multiply by helping put T’s VW crossways on the back steps so he couldn’t get out of the building!  I think I “fought” with Gig once in a battle of the bands at Gary’s Sugar Shack. Moose (life is good) ‘s little brother was our bass player that night. I think Ken Miller was our lead singer. Gig’s band and mine got beat badly by a group from Twin Falls. Seems to me that the winner called themselves JC and the Disciples. Their lead singer hit the big time and sometimes comes back to Jackpot.
You see, I too was going to be a teacher, but I got derailed when my Dad passed away in 1965. But since I had taken Bruce Rumpf’s mechanical drawing class, I got a job working for Cy Higginson and followed that to managing a Computer Aided Drafting System for the state. Bruce gave me a D at mid-term in 1964, which was the first failing grade I ever got. It was not the last poor grade.
Anyway, glad you liked it.

Mr. Tucker's Biology class!!! I will never forget! "Get and grow" bacteria off the principal's tire. Separate and identify each one. Our group finished really fast, when Mr. Tucker asked if it was from the tire or from the air...Darn we had to start all over and nearly did not finish on time!!!!
And the pond water with all the little things swimming around...draw them, identify them, call Mr. Tucker to come look at them in the microscope before they swam away on the slide! What a great teacher he was!!
My Granddaughter started college here in Texas this year with a major in education. She wants to be a teacher, so very proud of her!

I remember playing with the little stickers (probes or whatever with the needle sharp ends) during class. It was not allowed but you know me. Well I was pushing it into my thumb nail and it went all the way through my nail and out the end of my thumb. I know Lois Cox will not remember, but she looked at me and turned very pale (I was going to say white but she was always the whitest girl I ever saw). Well knowing I would be in trouble again and tired of getting my ass kicked by my Dad, I just pulled it out and put pressure on my thumb to hide the blood (I am a good bleeder and eventually had to stick my hand in my pocket till the class ended). Funny what a name will do to bring back memories.

TJ

When your Dad is a teacher and your Mom is a secretary, when you get in trouble you get it from your teacher or principal, then at home from your Mom, and one more time when your Dad gets home. A tiple-whammy.

I'll never ever forget those sheep's eyeballs floating in a big bucket thingy filled with something like formaldahyde. I think it was in a Biology room. I was quite young.