Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy 100th Girl Scouts

Carolyn,
Was that house by Easter Egg Row? Kind of where the street splits now?

I remember being in scouts with Margaret, I think we met in a church basement.

Yes, we met in the rectory basement. We must of all met together for a time! Maybe they combined our troops?

Yes! That old stone house was just before Easter Egg Row!

I remember that house but it must have been years later when it was empty. The front window was broken out and there was a big rock right in front of the window that you could climb up on and go into the house. I love exploring abandoned old houses and still love to look in old abandoned cabins that we find when we go to the mountains. That man must not have had family because when I and (I don't remember who I was with) went into the house it was still filled with all of his stuff. There was still the bed and a chest and glasses on the night stand. I always wondered who had lived there and what happened to them.

I haven't checked website for ages...yes, Carolyn, you got the story right, and it must have been traumatic because I've never forgotten it!!! I still love Girl Scout cookies, though! So we must have all met together, Susan, in the basement...but I also remember after a scout meeting that a bunch of girls were making each other pass out by twirling around and then grasping the other person's chest or something...I would never do it; I was horrified. Does anyone remember that ridiculous prank kids were doing back then???