Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Theater

I am in shock today more so than yesterday at the insanity of the shooting in Aurora. I was at that theater a couple of weeks ago. We live maybe 5 minutes from there. The high school that they bussed the witnesses to is the high school my children attended. We are thinking of all those who were at that theater Thusday night and my heart goes out to the families of those that were injured or killed but hopeful that we didn't know any of those killed.
This will change our country again and how we live our lives.

No it won't. Has nothing to do with how we are as a people. Has nothing to do about the 2nd Amendment, Nothing to do about violence in the movies or any of the other crap the media spits out as the way we feel.

It's about a lost soul, a deranged individual who for some reason we may never know lost control of what makes us human beings.

Pray for the fallen and heal their wound.

The rest is in Gods hands.

I certainly hope it doesn't have anything to do with the 2nd amendment. I know people are trying to make it about gun control, but and I know this sounds trite, but so true, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If it wasn't a gun it would have been something else.
Already people are talking about tearing down the theater, like that would do any good. I will be going back to that theater to see movies.
But I do believe this is going to change how we live just like 9/11 did and Columbine did, now when we travel, those of us who are good sane citizens have to submit to added security, at schools the doors are locked and people have to be buzzed in and there are cameras everywhere (1984?) It will change how we live. Because of one crazy person the theaters are now saying people can't dress up to come to openings of their favorite movies. How many people have been doing that for how long and no one went crazy. who knows what else they will come up with.

Your right on the money with that response. Hope the politicians stay out of it, don't need anymore rules.

Just be Human.

AMEN!