Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Re: Thanksgiving

It was good, Thanks

Thanksgiving

Mountain Home is located on the very northern end of the Great Sonora Desert. We get between 9 and 11 inches of rain per year. As a result we have no trees to block our view of the sunsets here. I think we have the prettiest sunsets on earth, right here. In the evenings locals go outside just to see the big sky looking like it is on fire. We get oranges, reds and purple colors depending on the clouds. The snow on the Owyee Mountains catches the color of the sky and adds to the awe. This is a small desert town and the people who live here, content, have to find ways to entertain themsleves. I was over at Matins farm and we were looking at a young yellow ferell cat that needed to be fixed. Well, I've cut steers and banded sheep, but I have never worked on a cat. I told Martin that if he could catch the cat, I would hold him. Foolish words indeed. He got some feed out and managed to catch that yellow cat. An angry cat makes a very different noise than a happy cat or a scared cat. This cat was angry. We had him wrapped in a towel and I was holding the tail up so Martin could work with his scissors. The back legs got free and that rascal was raking the air and making quite a racket. I asked if this cat might attack after the surgery. Martin told me probably not. We got the job done. The men walked away happy, the cat not so much so. Entertaing as well as educational. Life is good.

Re: Thanksgiving

Karlan used to say put the cat head first into an old boot??? Never tried it..I'm not quiet so (not sure what word to use here!) anyway, mine go to the vet! hahaha!

Thanksgiving

You are either searching for the word adventuresome or reckless. I am not sure which