Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Freeze

4-6 inches expected this weekend. Right now it's fall and beautiful.

tj

Freeze

At first light yesterday morning we had a skiff of snow and light rain. Bennett Mountain was covered with snow from top to bottom. House Mountain and the Danskins were white as well as everything up and down the valley as far as you could see. I got a call from a young Vietnamese woman. She said her grandfather was dying and if I wanted to say good bye I needed to visit him this very day. I had heard stories about her grandfather before I had ever met him. He was a Priest and spoke six languages, among them was French, Japanese and American, the very history of Vietnam. He and I had both lived in Bien Hoa in 1968. I met him at a Vietnamese picnic years ago. When he explained a concept to me he held his left hand in front of him, open, palm up. He used his right hand, index finger, to write in his left palm. This is the same way Tuy had taught me when I was 20. When the cameras came out, I grabbed a blonde headed body builder girl and pulled her over and between us. As soon a the first camera was pointed, she start flexing and posing. The old Priest and I stood on both sides of her grinning from ear to ear as the cameras clicked. The ICU room was filled with Vietnamese. A nurse came by and said that hospital rules did not allow more than two people in the room at a time. She said she would just close the curtain to give us privacy. We did not know if the old Priest could hear us talking, his eyes were closed. When it was my turn to say good bye, I took his arm and spoke quietly to him from my heart. I ended by telling him that I would pray for him and ask him to please pray for me. His daughter was next and I saw her praying the Nam Mo Ey Buddhist prayer over him. Tears ran down his cheeks. Apparently he had heard every word. I walked out of the hospital with a soft Fall rain coming straight down. Life is good.

As always, beautiful story!! Thanks!

It just got cold today. I still had mums blooming yesterday.

Don't have freeze yet...supposed to be 30 degrees Wednesday night.(but dry).Raining now and high 30's here!! Thank Goodness it is not freezing! Nobody knows how to drive when it does! : )