Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

Our whole family went to Dr.B'S. I don't remember having any other dentist besides him until I moved away.
A number of years ago, Carol and I saw him at Wendy's in Boise. We went up to him to say hello. He called us by name as we approached - After all those years had passed. I thought it was amazing.

I only went to Dr. Koelsch once when I was in 3rd grade. We always went to the base and took whoever was there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

I'm beginning to feel like my family was snookered into having two of the most unknown/unpopular doctors in town. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

I don't think they were necessarily unknown or unpopular, it's just that Koelsch & Dr. B were there first and had a head start on anyone else. Of course they stayed in first place because they were darn good!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

Both Dr. Reed Cutler and Dr. B were excellent. My family went to both. The Cutlers moved into the house behind us in the 60's. Their children were Brad and Vicki. The family grew to include Wayne, Eric, and Jennifer. They all attended Mtn.Home schools. Maybe you remember them. My mom worked for Dr. Cutler as an assistant for a few years in the 70's.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

We moved the spring of 1967 but it's good to know someone knew our dentist. :-) My first pair of glasses were in 4th grade. I recall the ride home and being in awe at all the signs I could suddenly read. Sheesh, I was practically blind!

I think my optomotrist was somebody named, ummmm, something like Dr. Bartholamew? Am I close? It's been awhile.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

The name of the eye doctor was Borgelthaus (spelling is wrong) The Cutlers and Borgelthaus were good friends.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who was your doctor/dentist in Mtn Home?

Bingo! Borgelthaus it was. He prescribed my very first pair of glasses just before my 4th-grade year, 1966-67. Thanks so much.