Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1948 Yearbook

I just posted a page from the 1948 University of Idaho Gem of the Mountains Yearbook. I purchased this book on e-bay because I went to UofI one year and 48 was the year I was born.
The page I posted shows 3 men from Mtn. Home.
Claudio Bermensolo- Gary and Jerry's Uncle, Luis Berriochoa, I understand he drove the bus to Bogus Basin for years, and John Bideganeta, the dentist.

Re: 1948 Yearbook

Now isn't that weird that there would be 3 Mtn. Home boys in a row in the U. of I. yearbook. Claude and Johnny B. sure do look young. Lou Berrichoa looks just the way I remember him. The City of Mtn. Home Rec. Dept. subsidized a school bus to take young skiers from Mtn. Home to Bogus Basin every winter Sat. morning back in the early 60's. I think we paid like $2 for a round trip ride. Lou was the bus driver and a ski instructor at Bogus. He was a happy-go-lucky guy and he let the kids go wild on the trips over and back. He laughed and had a good time just like the rest of us kids. Those were some of the best times of my life! I remember James Rolloffs being on the bus. And DC, weren't you there? Wish I could remember who all was on the bus.

Re: Re: 1948 Yearbook

Amazing how in 1948 getting cigarettes as a prize was a good thing. I remember my parents getting cartons of cigarettes as Christmas presents. Didn't they make the cartons look festive? We've come a long way, baby!

Re: Re: Re: 1948 Yearbook

Looking on E-bay today I found this 1969 Boy Scout ashtray. I just thought it went with the picture of the cigarette giveaway.