Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tiger Tales

Anyone out there that has the set from 64-67? Betty would that be you? I use to have them but they are long gone.
Tom would you like the ones from 64-67 also if we can find them?

Re: Re: Tiger Tales

It sounds like Tom has plenty to do with the ones he has. I would volunteer to scan any we could round up in the 65-67 range. Bobby, I wasn't much of a dancer but the song "Gloria" by the group Them and a few beers always brought out the alligator in me.

Re: Re: Re: Tiger Tales

Thanks for the offer. Let me get through the 60-64 bunch first and then we can move on to the later issues. If, however, someone else wants to scan them and then send them to me in zip file format, I can easily upload them and add a link. The trick is to make sure they are big enough to read but not so big that they take forever to download. I think most folks these days have moved to some kind of high speed internet so we can make the pages a little larger than those you may see in the 60-61 batch, for example. I'll work on a way to scan them in as JPEGs rather than first as BMPs that have to be converted to JPEGs. That takes a bit of time.

Re: Tiger Tales

Uhhh. Right, Tom. Those PEG-LEG J-BUMPS'll getcha everytime. (Sure hope it doesn't get too fancy for this dystechnic person, whose computer can't even download half the attachments people forward to me already!)

Re: Re: Tiger Tales

Tom, I'd enjoy perusing old editions of Tiger Tales. I started out just curious to see if, when or where my dad might be mentioned, but soon got hooked on just reading all of it. It's plain startling how things have changed.

Ratting your hair (girls here) was beginning to fade out according to one 1963 column; it's funny because I can still see my mom ratting her hair in front of a mirror so it would fluff up. Hah.

I didn't realize Ken West was such a great athlete; I do remember him quite clearly.

And the basketball team was highly ranked and had an impressive win-loss record; I only seem to recall that MHHS was just always so-so in basketball.

It was also interesting reading random student's thoughts on who they'd vote for, LBJ or Goldwater. I was mildly surprised that most favored LBJ, since Mtn. Home was/is quite conservative. I sensed that the familiarity factor worked in LBJ's favor with the students. The overall comments, though, were so different than what a student would say today. I believe Iny was one who commented. ;)

Richard, I've never actually seen anyone do the Alligator in person, but Gloria was a song that could make you wanna move. Nevertheless, I'm glad I never saw you do that dance, my whole image and opinion of you could've gone straight down the tubes. Hah.

BMP = "Bitmap." JPEG = "Joint Picture Erk Gimongous!" or something like that. JPEGs are generally smaller files. BMPs are usually huge, like the ones Wino and Larry find on all those questionable sites they visit and then send out to the rest of us.

I remember that one.

Didn't we all have fun???

Bobby,
I don't think that ratting hair actually went out until the end of the 60s. I know I was still ratting my hair until 69.
The democratic party was alive and well in Mtn. Home in the 60s and remember back then people didn't equate democrats with being liberal, commies. They were just another party. Idaho being a state who would have gone with the South if they had been around during the Civil War was quite into the democratic party, which at that time was also the prefered party of the south. It wasn't until the democrats started wanting equal rights for all that the South then turned to the Republicans.