Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pictures

Hi there. Love the pictures from the dances. The Sugar Shack sat at the back of the lot and on the front part of the lot was a laundry mat..

I was seeing Larry Gridley during those years and it was him and some College friends that brought the Alligator in from University of Idaho..

Remember his big frame down on the floor several times. Ha Ha

Re: Dances

I remember dancing in the old elementary gym when we were in Junior High and Jim Abbott did the "gator". And the Sugar Shack was a blast! There was also a "Teen Town" in the middle of officer's housing on the base. I remember dancing to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" with John Tischendorf and there was some kind of line dance we did back then. I also remember that when I went to my first Junior Prom with Jim Gette my MOTHER decided I needed a tight kinky perm the night before. I was so embarrased but Gentleman Jim didn't let it ruin our night. Seems like she did that to me several times. We did have some really great dances didn't we? And boy could we dance back in the day! I never get to do that anymore, maybe it's time for this old girl to join a dance group and get out and boogey some more.

Re: Re: Dances

Oh and do you remember "Louie, Louie"? I was surprised when my son's class used that as their processional walk at their graduation. Can you believe that? It was great! And they danced the walk!

Re: Re: Re: Dances

Martha,
It seems like there was a lot of controversy over that song. When we were growing up didn't some adults think that it was dirty because you couldn't understand the words? (those people are probably rolling over in their graves today) I recently heard on one of the radio morning shows (an oldies station) that some principal had refused to let the band play Louis, Louis at something because it was "too dirty"

Re: Teen Town

I think you were there when Eddy Wilson got in those dryers... So funny, but dangerous..

Little Napolean and the Conquerors

Had to laugh at the band's name. I wonder if that's where the movie title "Napolean Dynamite" originated. heh heh.

Dances

I remember the Sugar Shack, in the old skating rink. It was a fun place to go and dance. I remember the dances at the elementary school and the Prom and Sadie Hawkins dances at the high school. I've seen mention of Teen Town, but I don't remember going there. It was on the base? Anyone have any memories of it or any of the other dances?

Re: Dances

Teen Town as I remember it was usually after a game. It was held in the gym at North Elementary. I think I only went once. All the girls would line up along one side waiting for a boy to ask them to dance and all the boys were milling around getting the courage to ask the girls to dance.

Re: Re: Dances

You're right Kathi, I remember running into the bathroom and hiding when any guy looked like he was coming my way! What a kick.

I sure wouldn't run now. Ha ha, they would.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Teen Town as I remember it was usually after a game. It was held in the gym at North Elementary. I think I only went once. All the girls would line up along one side waiting for a boy to ask them to dance and all the boys were milling around getting the courage to ask the girls to dance.