Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Church in Mtn. Home

I'm not a religious person but I have some memories of going to Church in Mtn. Home. When we moved near North Elementary I would walk nearly every Sunday to a Baptist Church that was close to home for Sunday School. I really don't remember anything about it, except that I did go there.

We lived about a mile down the street from the LDS Church. I don't think I ever went inside, but it was soooo huge with large grassy surroundings that it was ideal for kids my age to play around on.

The one Church memory I have is when I went to the Catholic Church for either Christmas Mass or Easter Servics, I forget which. I went with my friend Jimmy Hicks and his family. Anyway, it was very decorated and oranamental inside. But the single thing that I'll never forget is when everyone lined up to kiss the feet of a little statue of Jesus. And why I remember it is because nobody wiped off the feet and by the time I got there it was all slobbery! I mean, if somebody had the flu or whatever, EVERYBODY was going to get it!