Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Phones

We bought our house 12 years ago, it was Lester Ortins old place, was built in the late 1800's. The old phone was still here, can you believe that? On the dial you can still read the juniper and then the phone number. It was a party line to what was Malone Koelch's off when he was across from Jovial Jerrys bar. We couldn't get long distance for the longest time because we were still hooked up to a party line that is no longer. The phone company had to go threw the old files to find out where the party line was and disconnect it. I still have the old phone, sure is heavy, lol. I just had to keep it for my grandkids to see.

Re: Phones, kids

Interesting story, Loree. btw, how is that cutie-pie granddaughter of yours who earned the hula hoop at the reunion picnic (and does she still have it? I still have mine!)

Re: Re: Phones, kids

That is so funny Iny, she is fine, and yes she still has the hola hoop, the only difference is that now she can work it. lol Did any of those pictures turn out? I would really like the one of Phil and I, and one of Ashley with us.

She is still impressed that I have so many life long friends. Everytime she makes a new friend she asks if the new one counts