Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Graduation, etc.

Okay, Richard B., I told you I would eventually write something on here. (I saw him at the Doubletree here in Boise a few weeks back; we were listening to the same band that played at our reunion, the Chancellors, but they didn't sound nearly as great as at the reunion.) Anyway, I remember graduation very well...we had a dance at Gary's Sugar Shack and I did the alligator for the first time in my life...the Drive-In movie was much later in the wee-hours in the morning, and then we were served breakfast at North Elementary (which wasn't very appealing!) It seems like the bowling alley was open for awhile during the wee hours also but that could have been another class...also someone sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" at our graduation...was it Bill Day? I know I was crying and so emotional to be leaving all my friends and was mad that I had to keep holding up my walking partner because he was so drunk, when I wanted it to be a special, solemn occasion. I remember catching a glance at Gig, since we were broken up at the time, and his glare back at me...who'd have known a year later we would be married. Last Friday we attended the graduation ceremonies for the small school Gig teaches at now in Mtn. Home, Richard McKenna Charter High School, which graduated 30 seniors. Mr. Rumpf (who Gig remembers giving him some painful whacks on the butt with his paddle)would be surprised to see Gig teaching art and history now. It was a great, and very traditional ceremony and was held in the gym of our old jr. high school.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Graduation, etc.

Well Betty, your memories are good, much better than mine! I remember walking the line and getting the diploma but I sure don't remember anything after that. I wonder why that is?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Graduation, etc.

I remember graduation - or at least some of it. We ended up at the Sand Dunes in my mother's car. The next morning she was reading the paper at the breakfast table (yeah - we all sat down to breakfast together back then) and there I was sitting on the hood of HER car with a beer in my hand. BUSTED!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Graduation, etc.

Martha,
Was that the Boise Statesman? Do you still have the picture? My mom says our car was in that picture also. I don't remember it and she wasn't able to find the picture the last time I was there.
Hey all of you please find some pictures to send to me. They are outdoing us with the old pictures on the 65 site.