Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Near Death Experiences

Mine was May 18th,1992.

I wonder how many of you have been there too?

Re: Near Death Experiences

Rosanna when did you have a near death experience? I wasn't there when my husband had his heart attack but my son said he got a peaceful look on his face and said "Tell everyone I love them." Then they jump started his heart back to life. He doesn't remember any of it.

Re: Re: Near Death Experiences

91 was the year my Daughter Leslie was killed and then the man I was seeing died of Cancer a month later. I went into a tail spin and my Dr. prescribed nerve meds for me, but I wouldn't take them. They made me feel really out of it when I had them before.

I had carried around a prescription of Elavil for almost a year and decided I should take it. I couldn't seem to get my head out of where it shouldn't have been, so I took 2 as prescribed and then I don't remember taking more.

Needless to say, I did...Not trying to kill myself as I don't believe in that being the way to go.

Anyway,a friend called 911 and the helicopter flew me to the emergency. I coded twice and they had me on full life support for 3 days in a coma.. I had taken 57 Elavil...Enough to kill anything.

Not proud of it, but my Daughter came to me and said it wasn't my time to be there and that I needed to go back..

The peace is just as it is described...Words are not adequate to say what it feels like, but believe me..it is the most warm, inviting ,loving feeling ever. TOTAL PEACE.

That is what I call my "REBIRTH" and it was May18,1992

Re: Re: Re: Near Death Experiences

I sure am glad you are here to tell the story. We would really miss you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Near Death Experiences

I do want to say thank you for saying that I would be missed. I do appreciate that very much.

I think the reason I even put this out there was both a curiosity of common experiences and the opportunity to share a life lesson.

That being that into each life some rain must fall, and no one can predict how they might respond to it.

Although the overdose was not my intention, it allowed me a window into the most calming feeling I have ever experienced..

Definately an Epiphany worth the outcome..

This forum has helped me to remember some of the memories that were lost from the coma. Just reading about Mountain Home and the sounds and sites has really been a blessing.

To all of you out there that have put their memories of our wonderful childhood home..I thank you for helping me to remember as well.

God bless you all and keep them coming.