Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Basque families

Bobby,
I wish Diana would answer this, but in her absence I will have to do. There were and are many Basque families in Mtn. Home. Dr. Bidegenta, the Urionas, the Yrazabals, the Lasuens, the Bermensolos just to mention a few.
But this would be a good time to mention that Diana's dad Dominqo will be the Grand Marshal for the Elmore County Fair and Rodeo. Saw it in the Mtn. Home News.
I believe that the Aguirre's who owned Joe's club were cousins of Diana's dad. I know Dominqo is selling off some of his land, from my last talk with Diana. And it was the Bidegenta's who owned the Basque Hotel.

Re: Basque families

I remember the trip to watch the shearing of the sheep too. That was so much fun.
When we walked to the old North Elementary, there was a big white house across from it and the elderly gentleman there would show us his lambs and let us call one of them our own. We would see them very often and it was a wonderful sight to watch them grow.

Re: Re: Basque families

Would that be Pi Hines? Kitty corner from the school? I'm trying to remember where else they could have had lambs.