Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trivia?

Susan,
Is your memory that good! Way to go!

Re: Re: Trivia?

Well Betty (Gig) . . it is amazing to see me remembered here . . . I don't see Bob's answer but if i did sing it i dont remember . . . but i could have . . ha ha. I did play Dennis Wilson's drum set when the Beach Boys were on Base however . . . i do remember that . . ha ha. Thanks for remembering me and thanks to Susan for telling me about this post . . . it is great fun looking at the old yearbook pics . . brings back a lot of great distant memories.

Re: Re: Re: Trivia?

Gig and I looked at the pictures and are in agreement with you Susan. We think that on page 1, 2nd from left might be Ron Caldwell? Also we're sure about Cathy Bavarro (she was the first Cathy I remember starting her name with a "C".) First page, 4th row, last picture is Jim Bonini. First page, bottom row, 2nd from left, is Bill Critelli. 2nd page, 2nd row, 4th from left is Jody Jones (her brother writes on the '65 website a lot). All the rest of them that we knew, you guessed already, including your picture, Kathy. Yes, Jim, Gig recognized you right off the bat. I remember you, but it seemed you moved either our sophomore or junior year. When was it? Seems like a lot of Base kids got transferred around the same time. Gig's dad likewise was transferred, but by then he had bought their home in town, and so the family stayed and he went alone since he was due to retire in a year. Okay, so, Bob, was it Jim Harrison that sang that song???? By the way, we vividly remember that Beach Boy concert on the Base. A short time afterwards I was at the Lagoon Amusement Park out of Salt Lake & the Beach Boys were playing there. A girlfriend and I were riding the carnival rides and the Beach Boys were spending the day there also...got Dennis Wilson's autograph when he was sitting on a bench eating his hamburger; he was EXTREMELY irritated to have to stop and give me that autograph! Betty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trivia?

Well to answer your question Betty I moved back to California for my Junior and Senior years. Did u attend the party with the Beach Boys on base? I don't remember whos house it was at but it was after the concert I think and I have a picture of Dennis playing the piano but it was such a thrill to meet all of them. I have met and worked with many famous people since then but I remember that experience most fondly. Oh and the British Invasion . . . do you remember Mrs. Stone the librarian . . . well she was such a sweetheart . . she left school to buy me the Beatles first album when it was released before it was sold out cause I wanted it sooooo bad . . . god I was such a fanatic !! I remember she brought it back to school and we all listened to it in the library . . . oh those simple pleasures . . . Ha Ha.

Susan . . sorry I could not add any names but everyone I remembered you already have for the pictures.

Jim,
I was thinking that party was at Col. Lilly's house (Teri was a year ahead of us). I have a call into my Mom, she remembers things like that! Will let you know. I remember getting all the guys autographs on a cocktail napkin. Where it every went...no one knows!

Re: Trivia?

I, too, was and still am a huge fan of the "British Invasion" music. I believe that song was sung by Steve Hafer (sp). He was "discovered" by his talent at singing in the boys' locker room. I remember when it was sung at the evening assembly, when after the refrain there are 3 strong beats, we all stomped our feet, much to the shock of our parents. I think that this is when the floodgates opened for many of us...
The 3rd row, second pic looks like Doug Baird. Does anyone know his whereabouts? His brother, Randy, seems to be pretty active with the class of '64 alumni.

So Bob are you in these pages?

Nope!

I think our guy is on the second page, fourth row, fifth picture!

I wondered if that was you. From looking at your recent picture that you sent, I thought that might be you, but also had a couple on the 3rd page that I haven't posted yet that might be you.
Or are you refering to the guy who sang?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trivia?

The picture is the guy who sang - I believe his name was Steve. I'll be anxious to see the next page of photos as they surely help jog the memory, and at our age the memory needs all the help it can get!!

I will post the first two pictures to the picture blog so people can look at them.
go to: http://mhhs-pictures.blogspot.com/

Thank you Bob for posting this thread and bringing back all these memories. It is funny that I do not remember the guy who sang or even the assembly but i sure remember the words to that song !! You have an incredible memory . . Thanks!!

Page 3

Here are my guesses of people from page 3
Page 3
Martha Vesey
Kevin Sleeman, Sharon Soloman, Gary D. Willis, ? Tom Warrick
Cindy Smith, ? , Gail Remley, ?, Naomi Uekara
Ted Twedt, ? Gary Poock, Brenda St. Julian, ?
Georgia Nakis, ? , Cindy Sousley, Bruce Williams, Rody Velasquez
?, ?, Maryleta Seaborn, Donna Richardson

Bob

So Bob are you in the pictures from page 3?
You generated a lot of activity on the website. You should post more.
Thanks