Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Rivalry is back - UI-BSU

Dennis Erickson has brought the Vandals back to being competitive again. He basically inherited a group of D2 players, added some leftover Juco players, and just gave the Broncos a big scare. Erickson is a National Championship coach and in another year or two, if he sticks around, these games will be awesome.

Good to see.

Re: The Rivalry is back - UI-BSU

Yep, change is in the air. Finally! The score wasn't really indicative of the game. It was a 2 point game with, what, 7 minutes left in the game? The Vandals showed a lot of grit against an 18th ranked team.

Re: Re: The Rivalry is back - UI-BSU

We went to Moscow with my sister and her husband. Her husband's daughter is a senior. She invited us to her tailgate party. What fun and what nice kids. 4 Bronco fans with probably 50-75 Vandal fans. The ribbing was good natured. On the game, Richard you are right, the Vandals played an outstanding game. I felt they came to play and they played hard. At one point I thought there was a chance the Vandals could win, but then Ian Johnson started shining as he always seems to do. The game was a nail biter. Next season should be interesting.