Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good turn out for Voting Day, How about where you are??

I would like to say how proud I am at the turn out of voters this month. Especially the young voters! Here in Montana,(and I'm sure elsewhere) the colleges and high schools did a wonderful job of getting them out to vote and man the precinct tables as volunteers. We had a turn out of 65%, which is still not perfect, but much better than in the past.

How was it in your areas??? Rosanna

Re: Good turn out for Voting Day, How about where you are??

I don't remember the exact numbers, but our turnout was around 65% also, which is double what it used to be a few years back for a mid-term election. Which is nice for a change. But we can also attribute the turnout to the polls showing very close races, some a dead heat. I think that helps people realize that their vote really does count. And of course the war. There were quite a few "anybody but the incumbent" signs around town.

Re: Re: Good turn out for Voting Day, How about where you are??

Voting was really good here too. I was impressed, usually just walk in, vote and leave, this time had to stand in line and wait. Unheard of in Mountain Home lol

Re: Re: Re: Good turn out for Voting Day, How about where you are??

I did an absentee ballot so didn't have to face the lines, which I understand were terrible here in Colorado.