Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Hang in there, Susan. You know how I feel. We are all thinking of you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Susan,
We will keep your mom and your family in our prayers. My Dad made the decision to go into the VA hospice after his cancer developed complications. We cannot praise the hardworking and dedicated people who staff those facilities enough. They were wonderful to Dad and made his last days as comfortable and pleasant as possible. It's a tough time and a difficult decision for any family, but I have yet to hear from a patient and family who made the decision that they regretted it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Susan, I am really sorry to hear that your Mom is so ill..She was my Brownie teacher many years ago, please tell her hi for me..

It is so difficult to take care of an ailing loved one, and heaven knows that it can take it's toll on all of the family. Hospice is a wonderful program that can make some of the frightening moments less frightening.

There is a web sight that has all kinds of soothing and comforting poems set to music that deal with all subjects. Including illness and death. It is called "Inspirational Flash Movies" I visit it quite often and send the movies to different friends. I hope you might find something there to make you feel a little better.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.God bless you and watch over you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Susan , I just went thru the same thing with my mom a year ago. One thing my sister and I did was care for mom after she was bedridden. Hospice came in and helped and what great care mom got..One thing I did do is mom had a sense of humor thru her whole ordeal. I kept notes on the funny things she said to us and now I'm glad I did since it keeps her close . Memories of the good things your family had with her will always be in your heart . Take care and now is your friends time to be a support to you ..Talk it's good ! Share it's good...
Take care ..judy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.