Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanksgiving

With all going on in this world today... We must remember no matter how our life is turning, it is doing exactly that way for a purpose! My son is still alive, living in the Nursing Home, not able to communicate with us...But he is still with us for some reason, we just do not know the reason...yet. So to all, look around, like I did and you can always see people in worse conditions and be thankful for the things and the love that you do have! I realized this in the 3 months I was with my son in the trauma hospital in Austin, Tx. He was in ICU and I walked down the hall to the Childrens' Hospital gift shop. There was a little girl pushing an IV stick. She was about 4 yrs old and had no hair. Obviously a chemo patient. Her mother was with her walking behind. At that moment I thanked God for the 30 years my son was healthy and had a good life!

"May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing and dance. It is thre for each and every one of you!"

Ok...This started out to be a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING", so I guess I will end with that..."HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to all and your families!

Re: Thanksgiving

Thanks Kathy,
For remeinding us what we have to be thankful for. I certainly am thankful for all the blessings I have received in my life.
Happy Thanksgiving!!