Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Christmas

I can't think why we shouldn't all be happy to embrace every beliefs holidays as long as they are positive,happy and harmonious occasions....

It doesn't mean that you have to change what you believe in, just join in the celebration of difference between cultures and practices of the world.

As a Christian, that is what my God tells us to do any way....To love your fellow man as you would yourself...

Let's lighten up on the finger pointing to the differences and let's enjoy them instead...Merry Christmas to you all. Rosanna

Christmas

I go along with Rosanna on this one.

As a side note, I remember nearly everything from high school except whether our band and drill teams marched in the Fairyland Parade. Did we? Part of the reason for the hole in my memory is, our Boise State drill team marched (yeah, I was one of the captains of the Broncettes - go figure). When I was hired for my first full-time teaching job at Fairmont Jr. High in Boise, I was also (no surprise) required to be the drill team coach. Our Falconettes marched with the band under Jim Henry - a BIG name with high school bands for 30 years in Boise but he was winding down his final 2 years at Fairmont before retiring.

I'm glad to hear the Fairyland Parade is still going. Good ol' Idaho for our endearing traditions, hm?