Class of 1967 Message Center

Class of 1967 Message Center
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: IS ANYONE OUT THERE????

Hey, Spring in Mtn. Home. Do they still get those killer storms? We still laugh about the time the underpass flooded and the volunteer fire dept was having a picnic and had had quite a few. Someone bet Ralph Yrazabal that he couldn't launch his boat in the underpass. He went home and got it and did get it on the water, then he and Dale Knox and 3 or 4 others all jumped into the boat and sunk it.
Wasn't it last year Moose was talking about riding the flood waters down Abbott's Canyon?
The smells of Mtn. Home in Spring and fall are ones I will never forget. The freshness of the desert after a storm and the smell of the leaves in fall.
What a great place to grow up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: IS ANYONE OUT THERE????

Wonder what ever happened to that "planned" trip in Abbotts's Canyon?
Guess he wised up, still hear from him now and again! I am afraid if he had tried to pull that one off, we might still be wondering what ever happened to Moose?

Re: Rain storms

Or how 'bout that time after a big storm when the streets were flooded...Max and I and the Wood brothers tied a ski rope on to the back of the Scout and we water-skied all the way down N. 6th E street in about 12" of water. I've still got photos of that daring escapade somewhere.

Re: Re: Rain storms

Richard,
Would love to see those photos.
Any of you out there who have photos from our youth, send them on. You can either send me an actual photo or you can e-mail it to me.

Re: Re: Rain storms

yes, Richard, I would love to see those pics!