Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Helloooooooo

My biggest problem is still driving - I am not safe there - feel panicky. I cope but hate it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thats what i do, i have my work and my home as safe places, but i can't go out to lunch at work, and get taxi's to and from work even though it's a 20 min walk, 5 min bus ride.

Maybe we should have excursions, with a nurse (just to reassure us we're ok if we get panicky!), i think the more we do things, the easier they get, it's just taking the 1st step.

Replying to:

Me too Woody. I rarely go far from home and prefer people to visit me at home rather than me visit them. I guess we all build our own safe places and ours is at home. Funnily enough though I can transfer that safe place to work in the daytime - it is just the getting to ans from each 'safe' place that causes me problems!!

Replying to:

Hi again Kerry

I know what you are saying there and it makes good sense,although not house bound myself i cannot travel very far,i go to pieces,id dearly love to go on holiday somewhere,and i have people id love to visit,but i make excuses and stay here ..I try to believe myself its not a weakness as i said,but its hard to convince myself sometimes..its nice to know im ot alone

Take care

Replying to:

Hiya, my doctor tried to convince me to take medication by saying that asthma sufferers have to rely on medication for the rest of thier lives, therefore it's not that bad, but i don't think it's the same at all. I keep thinking 'it's not a bad thing to live the rest of my life in my home town' but that's the very thing i've been striving against since i was a child!! I'm gonna keep fighting it, I WANNA SEE THE WORLD!!! We could only be here once, may as well do and see as much as we can!! Saying this, i still can't leave my house alone!! Easy to say, not to do, but i'm working on it, DON'T GIVE UP!!

Replying to:

Hello all

Its been a long time since i have posted on this site.or indeed visited the chat roomAlthough i do regulary check this forum for updates

I just thought i would say hello to one and all,my anxiety is about the same as it ever has been.ive come to conclusion that i will always be like this and always be a shy quiet type,someone said to me the other week 'try not to look on it as a weakness' well that is damn hard to do,but i believe it is true

Some people are born with Asthma,some are not,some are born anxious people some are not,i believe its just something we have to cope with as best as can...hmmm i didnt explain that too well,what im trying to say is just because we are anxious people it doesnt make us weak,its part of who we are just like people with other problems,

Oh by the way Nic im in your new chatroom now very posh,i like it..one thing though..its EMTPTYYYYYY!...Someone come join me please

I thank you..inane ramble over

Woody