Return to Website

No More Panic Message Board

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS NOW CLOSED DOWN AS I HAVE A NEW FORUM. Please go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum and add any new messages there. Many thanks

No More Panic Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hi everyone, im new

Hi Kerry,

Great to her from you. I like you keep a diary, like you said it is really good, especially to look back on and to be able to identify good and bad days. Im actually feeling a bit sorry for myself for tonight as I haven't gone out clubbing, which is actually a huge step forward as their was a time not so long ago, that thought would have caused me at least a few sleepless nights..

Its intressting what you say about keeping an account of what you eat. I've found cutting out caffeine as helped me alot and camoile tea is a much better supplement. Let me know what works with you.

If you find it beneficcal discussing with others your problmes with people who are going through similar experinces you could always contact your local mind to see if they run a local anxiety group. I've been going to one for the past couple of weeks and it really helps me..

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

You sound like you're coping really well, i think that when you get something like this it often comes with other things attached!! I have anxiety, (GAD), mild OCD and i think that thats depressing, so i'm not sure if it's depression!

I've found this website REALLY useful, if i start feeling bad at work, i come here and look at the postings, or post myself (As you can see!), it helps me to calm down and realise i'm not alone, and obviously not dying!

I keep a diary of how i'm feeling, what i eat, what i do, etc. This helps me to look back and compare my feelings, and also to remember what i've done!! This helps me a lot.

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

Im so glad i've found this website as its so good to discover your not the only one. I've been diagonised with depression, a mild form of ocd and generalised anxiety disorder. I had to take a year out of uni and come back home. Im currently taking cipramil, which is really helping me and having cognitive behaviour therapy which is also really helping me. Every week I try and do something a step on from the last to get myself back to the way I was. If anyone facies a chat then just email me a time and i'll hopefully meet you in the chatroom..

You all sound like very brave people and I hope you are having every success in the battle of anxiety disorders..

bebe x

Re: Re: Re: Hi everyone, im new

Hi Bebe

Cutting out caffeine made a big difference to me too. It helped a lot with the panic. Exercise too has cured my panic attacks (nearly) and believe me i never feel like doing it ever!!!

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Great to her from you. I like you keep a diary, like you said it is really good, especially to look back on and to be able to identify good and bad days. Im actually feeling a bit sorry for myself for tonight as I haven't gone out clubbing, which is actually a huge step forward as their was a time not so long ago, that thought would have caused me at least a few sleepless nights..

Its intressting what you say about keeping an account of what you eat. I've found cutting out caffeine as helped me alot and camoile tea is a much better supplement. Let me know what works with you.

If you find it beneficcal discussing with others your problmes with people who are going through similar experinces you could always contact your local mind to see if they run a local anxiety group. I've been going to one for the past couple of weeks and it really helps me..

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

You sound like you're coping really well, i think that when you get something like this it often comes with other things attached!! I have anxiety, (GAD), mild OCD and i think that thats depressing, so i'm not sure if it's depression!

I've found this website REALLY useful, if i start feeling bad at work, i come here and look at the postings, or post myself (As you can see!), it helps me to calm down and realise i'm not alone, and obviously not dying!

I keep a diary of how i'm feeling, what i eat, what i do, etc. This helps me to look back and compare my feelings, and also to remember what i've done!! This helps me a lot.

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

Im so glad i've found this website as its so good to discover your not the only one. I've been diagonised with depression, a mild form of ocd and generalised anxiety disorder. I had to take a year out of uni and come back home. Im currently taking cipramil, which is really helping me and having cognitive behaviour therapy which is also really helping me. Every week I try and do something a step on from the last to get myself back to the way I was. If anyone facies a chat then just email me a time and i'll hopefully meet you in the chatroom..

You all sound like very brave people and I hope you are having every success in the battle of anxiety disorders..

bebe x

I have contacted all the Mental Health Agencies around me, and none have support groups for anxiety or panic attacks, i was thinking of starting one up, but don't really know how to go about it, also, i don't want to push myself too much, it's getting worse for me at the moment, so it's harder to do 'normal' things, let alone start up a self help group!!

I have given up Caffiene, Alchohol, Smoking, i don't eat many sugary things, ie sweets, fizzy drinks, anything that will give me a buzz i stay away from, i tried green tea and camomilie tea, but thought it was disgusting!! I'm going to try non-caffiene tea soon, i'll let you know what i think!!

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

hi kery

Hi Kerry

Im sorry to hear there are no self help groups in your area and that things are getting worse for you. I know its easy to say but you will get over this and you won't be stuck with it for the rest of your life even though it feels like that, I should know. All people with anxiety disorders are extremily brave. Your defiently taking the right course of action by not pushing yourself to far, small steps forward are the best ay ive found.. Im having more small steps forward than back at the moment but i still have my bad days and bad nights, ecept there not as bad as they used to be..

haha yeah camomile tea certianly is an acquired taste. Im gutted about the whole caffiene and sugar thing, I love coffee and sweet foods so its a nightmare. Last night I went out for a meal and had a desert and didn't get to sleep till 1.00 am becasue of the sugar. It was my own fault!!

Let us know how you get on!

Bebe x

Replying to:

I have contacted all the Mental Health Agencies around me, and none have support groups for anxiety or panic attacks, i was thinking of starting one up, but don't really know how to go about it, also, i don't want to push myself too much, it's getting worse for me at the moment, so it's harder to do 'normal' things, let alone start up a self help group!!

I have given up Caffiene, Alchohol, Smoking, i don't eat many sugary things, ie sweets, fizzy drinks, anything that will give me a buzz i stay away from, i tried green tea and camomilie tea, but thought it was disgusting!! I'm going to try non-caffiene tea soon, i'll let you know what i think!!

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: hi kery

Thankyou, i'm managing, i'm ok most of the time, just occasionally give in too the millions of worries giong thruogh my head, good luck to you too, and i'll let you know when i've tried the non-caffiene tea!

Replying to:

Hi Kerry

Im sorry to hear there are no self help groups in your area and that things are getting worse for you. I know its easy to say but you will get over this and you won't be stuck with it for the rest of your life even though it feels like that, I should know. All people with anxiety disorders are extremily brave. Your defiently taking the right course of action by not pushing yourself to far, small steps forward are the best ay ive found.. Im having more small steps forward than back at the moment but i still have my bad days and bad nights, ecept there not as bad as they used to be..

haha yeah camomile tea certianly is an acquired taste. Im gutted about the whole caffiene and sugar thing, I love coffee and sweet foods so its a nightmare. Last night I went out for a meal and had a desert and didn't get to sleep till 1.00 am becasue of the sugar. It was my own fault!!

Bebe x

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Re: hi kery

I gave up caffeine years ago - i coped without any hot drinks until this year and I have started drinking caffeine free tea and coffee again - I think it is fine - tastes good to me

Replying to:

Thankyou, i'm managing, i'm ok most of the time, just occasionally give in too the millions of worries giong thruogh my head, good luck to you too, and i'll let you know when i've tried the non-caffiene tea!

Replying to:

Hi Kerry

Bebe x

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Re: Re: hi kery

Yeah, i thought it tasted just the same

Replying to:

I gave up caffeine years ago - i coped without any hot drinks until this year and I have started drinking caffeine free tea and coffee again - I think it is fine - tastes good to me

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Kerry

Bebe x

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Kerry,

Anyway all the best...

Bebe

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Re: Hi everyone, im new

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the kind comments. I am glad you like the site.

The diary is a good idea - I used to keep a tape diary as well. Good to look back on. You need to find out if anything in particular triggers the panic attacks so you are doing the right thing. Keep it up.

What do you suffer from?

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

I suffer from anxiety mostly, which causes panic attacks, mild OCD, mild depression i think, etc. As i said, i think that once you get one, it's difficult o stop other problems coming in

Replying to:

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the kind comments. I am glad you like the site.

The diary is a good idea - I used to keep a tape diary as well. Good to look back on. You need to find out if anything in particular triggers the panic attacks so you are doing the right thing. Keep it up.

What do you suffer from?

Replying to:

Hi bebe,

Good luck,

Kerry

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Hi everyone, im new

Hi Bebe - my name is Jo. I suffer with panic attacks and like you, had to leave university - I was in my final year! I have now returned and I am feeling much better - I have vowed to take each day as it comes! I am also taking Cipromal - and it works for me! We seem to have a similar story don't we! Would love to chat more

Take care Jox

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Hi everyone,

having a good day,got a important meeting tomorrow so could be a bad day tomorrow

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Re: Hi everyone,

Eva

Hope things are well with you? How is it going?

Replying to:

having a good day,got a important meeting tomorrow so could be a bad day tomorrow

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x

Re: Hi everyone, im new

Bebe - it was you I used to write to wasn't it? From the No Panic contact list - Nicola

Replying to:

Hi,

bebe x